Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2015 Fiat 500 will occasionally crank and not start, quite randomly. 30 minutes later, starts up, no problem. The battery is good. The starter cranks. It sends zero codes. It has become an issue because it's happened on four different occasions. I've now switched cars with her and I can't make the car present the same issue. I don't want the wife to be stranded. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My wife's 2015 Fiat 500 will occasionally crank and not start, quite randomly. 30 minutes later, starts up, no problem. The battery is good. The starter cranks. It sends zero codes. It has become an issue because it's happened on four different occasions. I've now switched cars with her and I can't make the car present the same issue. I don't want the wife to be stranded. Any ideas?
It is a five speed manual.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Hello Fiat500Husband,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. Have you considered addressing this concern with your certified dealer? We suggest doing so if you have not done so already. If you decide to go this route, please know we are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.
Laura
FiatCares

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
I don't have a solution, but have questions. As douglawrence42 says, that is a very difficult problem to diagnose.

When you say "battery is good", have you taken it down to have it tested? They can crank fine but voltage can drop low enough to not fire. Speaking of that, you could clean the battery connections and the connections under the battery tray.

For not starting, how long is she cranking the car? What is the weather temperature? How long does the car sit between starts? Is the car regularly maintained, including regular oil changes and checking oil level?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been asking the same question for years now.. I think it is just something these engines do and nobody has been able to explain why... I just shut it off and try again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts