Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone buy the FIAT Rear Mudguards? I bought a pair for my Sport, but I don't think they're MADE for the Sport. the curvature just doesn't line up with the rear fascia.

my guess is that these Mudguards were made for the Pop and Lounge, as they're rear fascias are about the same, except for the Lounges chrome moldings.

I really wanted a pair of FRONT Mudguards but apparently FIAT doesn't feel there is a need for them. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ditto on front mudguards.

I really wanted a pair of FRONT Mudguards but apparently FIAT doesn't feel there is a need for them. :(
Ditto on the front mudguards.
I also read somewhere else that the rear guards didn't fit the sport, so your not alone.

·
Registered
149 Posts
+1 for the front mudguards as well. I think those are more important than the rears, otherwise all the stuff your front tires kick up in the winter freezes in the door jam.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drove through a construction zone last week and I ended up having mud up the doors and on the mirrors. front mudguards would have reduced that quite a bit.

hey FIAT, are ya listening????? FRONT Mudguards.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have rear mud guards on my 500C Lounge and they fit great and do the job.
For those wanting front mud guards - call FIAT USA and tell them. I called and they at least listened, if enough people call maybe they will take action - can't hurt.

The number is 1-888-CIAO-FIAT, 1-888-242-6342

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fiat 500 Sport mudflaps don't fit

I too tried to put the Fiat brand mudflaps on the rear of my Sport version and they don't fit. I don't know if they make them for the Sport, but what I really wanted was mudflaps for the front anyway.
I bought some flaps from Ford UK via ebay, as the Ford Ka mudflaps are supposed to fit the Fiat 500. However, they don't fit right either - I don't know if this is because I have the Sport version. Maybe they only fit the European 500's or only the North American Pops and Lounges.
I sure hope Fiat will make front flaps, as that is where they would be most useful, though maybe not very pretty or cool. (I have 100 kms of gravel to drive on before I hit pavement to get out of town, and so I want to protect by paint from getting chipped.)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think I'll end up going to Pep Boys and getting some flat rubber truck mud flaps if all else fails. At least they'll have the reclining naked chick on them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
$24.95 Euro a pair for front and rear mudflaps. That is $34.25 at today's exchange rates, not including shipping. I'm emailing them now about shipping to the US.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I still haven't heard from them. I sent it in both English and German. I might just try and order them and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve, pls let us know how that turns out. I would REALLY like to have a FRONT pair. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes the OEM mudflaps from fiat onluy fit pop and lounge models due the sport has the extra body parts.... I am searching for other options myself the one that does come to mind is the mudflaps used on fiat rally cars :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is a little tricky, have to use an angle drill and a stubby screwdiver, ended up not using the cheap plastic retainers from the dealer and used stainless screw and nut. Looks great and keeps some of the road wetness off of back window.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts