Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I bought a pair, only to find out they won't fit my Sport. the shape of the rear fascia is slightly different and they won't line up. apparently they only fit Pop and Lounge models. :(

I really wanted FRONT ones anyway. if only FIAT were listening......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
I bought a pair, only to find out they won't fit my Sport. the shape of the rear fascia is slightly different and they won't line up. apparently they only fit Pop and Lounge models. :(

You want front mud guards, I want rear floor mats. If only Fiat would listen!:)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I never intend to use my rear area for passengers but also wanted rear floor mats, I drove by a Dollar General and out of curiosity I went and looked for and found a set of mats for a whopping $8 bucks, the rear mats are almost perfect and they match in color I think like 99.9%, figure I will take the nice 500 mats out for winter and run the cheapos and replace if needed for another $8 bucks but feel they'll be fine, just a little tip for ya smark.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Just bought some myself for my Sport. I'll be trying them on tomorrow to see if they fit. I won't be happy if they don't.
I also just received some front mud flaps from the UK. They were made for the Ford Ka, but apparently fit the Fiat 500. The Ka chassis is made by Fiat and is supposed to be close to identical to the 500. I'll let you know if they fit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good. How do they attach?

Thanks - Ryan
There's a screw in the back where you can fasten it on initially but you'll also have to drill another quarter inch hole just below that into the wheel well and put a plastic plug through it (instructions and plugs are included with the OEM Mudguards). There's a 3rd spot where you could drive a hole into the bottom of the bumper but I decided not to do so and just used double-stick tape to keep it secure. It's staying on there nicely :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Just bought some myself for my Sport. I'll be trying them on tomorrow to see if they fit. I won't be happy if they don't.
I also just received some front mud flaps from the UK. They were made for the Ford Ka, but apparently fit the Fiat 500. The Ka chassis is made by Fiat and is supposed to be close to identical to the 500. I'll let you know if they fit.
I've heard of the Ka mudguard deal. I even found a place in the UK to buy them but I want to see them on a 500 first. if you get your Ka mudguards on, pls post a pic. and best of luck with the rears.

when I held the rear 500 mudguards up to the rear fascia, they had a completely different contour than the fascia. best of luck installing them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've heard of the Ka mudguard deal. I even found a place in the UK to buy them but I want to see them on a 500 first. if you get your Ka mudguards on, pls post a pic. and best of luck with the rears.

when I held the rear 500 mudguards up to the rear fascia, they had a completely different contour than the fascia. best of luck installing them.
I just tried the ones for the Ka and they do not fit properly on my 500 Sport. It is possible that they would fit on the Pop or Lounge - or maybe they only fit the European Fiat 500s.
I may see if I can modify them to make them fit, even just to put on when I am driving on gravel roads to protect the paint from getting chipped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just tried them on my Sport and you're right, they do not fit.
And also as I mentioned elsewhere, the Ka ones do not fit on the front either - at least for the Sport model. Perhaps they'd fit the Pop and Lounge or maybe just the European Fiats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed some of these on my Pop & they look great as do yours. I went ahead and drilled a hole in the bottom edge of the plastic bumper to attach the plug through. It was a tough angle, but I finally got them on there.
Like everyone else I would love to have matching front mudguards but may end up just getting some universal ones that are flat so they don't trap moisture between them & the metal edge of the fender. The back bumper is plastic so there's nothing to rust.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just tried the ones for the Ka and they do not fit properly on my 500 Sport. It is possible that they would fit on the Pop or Lounge - or maybe they only fit the European Fiat 500s.
I may see if I can modify them to make them fit, even just to put on when I am driving on gravel roads to protect the paint from getting chipped.
Where are you located? Maybe there is someone with a pop or a lounge nearby that you could test fit for the benefit of the forum.

·
Registered
962 Posts
They should be called RustGuards. You might want to consider not using them. They will trap in mud and moisture, and when you drive the vibrations will make them move and they will ruin your paint too. Here is what you can expect after you remove them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.