Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I want to start off by saying I love my fiats, I was so happy that finally we were to get Fiat in north America. on the flip side we are having a serious problem too early. OEM parts availability. I have 2 cars sitting in the garage due to oem parts not available, and no ETA. we have been waiting over 2 months for parts from FIAT. this is ridiculous! our local dealer is great, but their hands are tied.

1. how can you market a car without a parts support program?
2. lets hope Fiat does not make the same mistake as it did in the past!
3. how many others are waiting for oem parts?
4. I am thinking of lodging a complaint with consumer affairs/attorney general
5. how long should you have to wait, until Fiat should buy back the car or replace it?
6. compensation?

let me know your thoughts
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Welcome to the forums, sorry you are having such issues. Some of our members have had dealers pull parts from cars on the lot although it hasn't ever been much of anything such as engine parts, I hope they get you fixed soon, I don't think waiting more than a few weeks should have to happen so I suppose after two months I would have certainly been making some calls to Fiat North America and probably attempting to log some kind of complaints as well as looking into what other options I might have, good luck with everything!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My local dealer is great, they can only do so much, and they will not strip parts,, I wish. I even contacted Fiat in Europe,,, our north American 500 is not the same. the parts are different. I love my car and I just want to drive it!!!!! I am all for Fiat. but this is a shame. we even try to buy used parts from salvage yards, they say all the cars have the same damage. we have a car that was in a accident.
1. left lower control arm
2. driver side seat belt

and by the way, if you need to replace your windshield its over $450 (just the windshield not installation) from the dealer,,, come on

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
My local dealer is great, they can only do so much, and they will not strip parts,, I wish. I even contacted Fiat in Europe,,, our north American 500 is not the same. the parts are different. I love my car and I just want to drive it!!!!! I am all for Fiat. but this is a shame. we even try to buy used parts from salvage yards, they say all the cars have the same damage. we have a car that was in a accident. 1. left lower control arm 2. driver side seat belt and by the way, if you need to replace your windshield its over $450 (just the windshield not installation) from the dealer,,, come on
I did hear the glass is somewhat costly for the Fiat, I can't imagine how angry you are, if I was paying on a car that was just sitting like that I know I wouldn't be happy either. I'd try to send a msg to FiatCares, he is an employee of Fiat and he has helped several members, not sure what he can do for you but it is worth chatting with him at least to see if he can do anything at all. Jonathan (FiatCares) can be contacted here via his profile page: http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/1104-fiatcares.html

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I have not had any issues with replacement parts. You're dealer is failing. I got a replacement windshield with sat radio antenna the next day, cluster gauge the next day, blower fan replacement the next day, wire harness for third brake light, two days. Why is your insurance not covering the windshield?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
"FIAT Parts Dude" here.....I work for one of the first opened here in the States.

while we have experienced some issues, for the most part we have parts in 1-3 days. on occasion there will be an issue, but so far nothing that we can't resolve by upgrading the order to either Special Handling or VOR (Vehicle Off Road) for cars that are 'down' and cannot be driven.

I would be interested in specifics. if you feel comfortable with it, pls PM me with the VIN of your car(s) as well as either the part numbers you're waiting for or at least what parts they are and I'll look into it. sometimes is simply a miscomunication or someone, somewhere, has dropped the ball and with so many new FIAT Studios that are unfamilar with Chrysler procedures regarding parts ordering, its quite easy for issues in parts delays to occur.

wish you the best and I hope they get you back on the road soon......the 500 IS a great little car! I LOVE MY FIAT! :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
My local dealer is great, they can only do so much, and they will not strip parts,, I wish. I even contacted Fiat in Europe,,, our north American 500 is not the same. the parts are different. I love my car and I just want to drive it!!!!! I am all for Fiat. but this is a shame. we even try to buy used parts from salvage yards, they say all the cars have the same damage. we have a car that was in a accident.
1. left lower control arm
2. driver side seat belt

and by the way, if you need to replace your windshield its over $450 (just the windshield not installation) from the dealer,,, come on

sorry, I missed this post. I'll look into the parts you mentioned.

as for the windshield, I've been in this business for over 30 years and the past 11 with my current employer, a Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge dealer who also owns the local FIAT Studio. $450 for a windshield is not out of the norm from the dealer. its an encapsulated glass, meaning the molding/weatherstrip and glass are only supplied as a common part.

for the most part, I've found that the price of the 500 parts are quite reasonable.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Parts Update:

Left Front Lower Control Arm: PN 4670545AE is currently on a backorder status. however the Mopar Parts System shows 65 "in process" at the National Depot in Detroit. the "in process" status simply means that there is stock at the depot and is awaiting processing, such as receiving, labeling and/or repackaging, and then stocking in their proper area in the warehouse. this process can take anywhere from a week to 3 weeks. your particular part may be in one of 50 trailers sitting on their lot, awaiting processing. if dealers upgrade their orders to a "Vehicle Off Road" status, the depot then puts a priority on locating these parts and processing that order.

there are currently NONE on "VOR". if your dealer were to upgrade your order to the VOR status, YOU would go to the front of the line and be the first to get one of the 65 that National has. that may still be a week away, but this needs to be done or your car will still be sitting in your garage for sure this time next week.

Left Outer Front Seat Belt: PN 1RU73JXWAE is also on a backorder status, but there is something strange going on with this part. there is only "1" Special Handling order outstanding on this part for a quantity of "19". I rather doubt your dealer ordered 19 of them, but if they did, they might want to cancel them. there are 5 other FIAT Studios with this part 'in stock'. should your dealer put only ONE of these on Special Handling or VOR status, Chrysler will process it as a D2D, which is when Chrysler will contact a dealer that has stock and ask them to send it to your dealer. this usually takes 2-3 days for your dealer to receive the part.

hope this helps and again, I wish you the best in getting your 500 back on the road!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Parts Update:

Left Front Lower Control Arm: PN 4670545AE is currently on a backorder status. however the Mopar Parts System shows 65 "in process" at the National Depot in Detroit. the "in process" status simply means that there is stock at the depot and is awaiting processing, such as receiving, labeling and/or repackaging, and then stocking in their proper area in the warehouse. this process can take anywhere from a week to 3 weeks. your particular part may be in one of 50 trailers sitting on their lot, awaiting processing. if dealers upgrade their orders to a "Vehicle Off Road" status, the depot then puts a priority on locating these parts and processing that order.

there are currently NONE on "VOR". if your dealer were to upgrade your order to the VOR status, YOU would go to the front of the line and be the first to get one of the 65 that National has. that may still be a week away, but this needs to be done or your car will still be sitting in your garage for sure this time next week.

Left Outer Front Seat Belt: PN 1RU73JXWAE is also on a backorder status, but there is something strange going on with this part. there is only "1" Special Handling order outstanding on this part for a quantity of "19". I rather doubt your dealer ordered 19 of them, but if they did, they might want to cancel them. there are 5 other FIAT Studios with this part 'in stock'. should your dealer put only ONE of these on Special Handling or VOR status, Chrysler will process it as a D2D, which is when Chrysler will contact a dealer that has stock and ask them to send it to your dealer. this usually takes 2-3 days for your dealer to receive the part.

hope this helps and again, I wish you the best in getting your 500 back on the road!
WOW! That is pretty freaking nice of you to go out of your way like this! You have mucho gusto respecto from me!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
thanks everyone. I just hope he follows up with his dealer and they do the same with FIAT/Chrysler.

please keep in mind that whoever the manufacturer is, whether it be Ford, Honda, GM or FIAT/Chrysler, if one of their parts suppliers has an issue and is behind on sending their orders, then its us, the manufacturers customer that pays for it in terms of having their car down due to parts delays. its not always so simple as, for instance, FIAT doesn't have a parts system in place.

while I will admit FIAT still has some fine-tuning to do with their distribution, for the most part their parts availability is pretty decent for a car that is just getting off the ground here in the U.S.

I believe this forum is the best one around for helping out each other and having knowledgeable members, such as 'FiatCares'. I hope that the info I provided will be helpful and that he and his dealer can get on the right track to get his part ASAP. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
WOW! That is pretty freaking nice of you to go out of your way like this! You have mucho gusto respecto from me!

it was Sunday night, no football, no racing and no basketball games. it was either help him or watch a rerun of Law & Order......LOL

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Good job.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
it was Sunday night, no football, no racing and no basketball games. it was either help him or watch a rerun of Law & Order......LOL
LOL, nether the less you didn't have to do it but you did which is more than most would do and I thank you for being kind and helpful.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I did hear the glass is somewhat costly for the Fiat, I can't imagine how angry you are, if I was paying on a car that was just sitting like that I know I wouldn't be happy either. I'd try to send a msg to FiatCares, he is an employee of Fiat and he has helped several members, not sure what he can do for you but it is worth chatting with him at least to see if he can do anything at all. Jonathan (FiatCares) can be contacted here via his profile page: http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/1104-fiatcares.html
Tweak and (BizzoMB75):

Yes, I will definitely look into this to help expedite the parts. Please send me a PM, (BizzoMB75) with your VIN and the name of the dealer where the parts have been ordered.

·
Registered
475 Posts
VOR for 30 days in one calendar year (consecutive or nonconsecutive) in the U.S. and you get a new car under the MM Warranty Act ---- this member must be in Canada or else the dealer would be jumping though hoops to get the cars safe and running.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
VOR for 30 days in one calendar year (consecutive or nonconsecutive) in the U.S. and you get a new car under the MM Warranty Act ---- this member must be in Canada or else the dealer would be jumping though hoops to get the cars safe and running.

Hilldweller: Well, there is a lot more involved in state lemon law, replacement or arbitration than just having the vehicle down for 30 days or so.. this is a result of an accident so its not the same as a warranty repair. Secondly, it depends on the age and mileage of the vehicle as well as the state in which it was purchased and registered. I can certainly help him with the expedition of the parts but the vehicle would not qualify for much else at this point. Im waiting to hear from him.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hello, I want to start off by saying I love my fiats, I was so happy that finally we were to get Fiat in north America. on the flip side we are having a serious problem too early. OEM parts availability. I have 2 cars sitting in the garage due to oem parts not available, and no ETA. we have been waiting over 2 months for parts from FIAT. this is ridiculous! our local dealer is great, but their hands are tied.

1. how can you market a car without a parts support program?
2. lets hope Fiat does not make the same mistake as it did in the past!
3. how many others are waiting for oem parts?
4. I am thinking of lodging a complaint with consumer affairs/attorney general
5. how long should you have to wait, until Fiat should buy back the car or replace it?
6. compensation?

let me know your thoughts
Thanks

BIZZOMB75:

Please contact me via PM with your VIN and the name of the studio from where the parts are ordered. Why is the car down? Is it due to an accident or from a manufactured defect? If the parts need to be replaced due to a manufactures defect, there are ways to assist in the expedition of the parts. Unfortunately, there are less options when damage is caused by an accident. Most replacement parts that are available for a new model year vehicle are for poduction and manufacture's defects. That doesnt mean that no parts are available for accident related concerns, but it takes a little more from the studio and expediting to receive them.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts