Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have success ordering/finding pre-painted red OEM accessory mirror caps?

I recently ordered a set through a local dealer hut the part numbers are confusing - three different mirror descriptions all use the same part number (mine came in unpainted black plastic).
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm guessing the 3 mirrors are with different glass, or something similar. There are a lot of confusing part #'s on a 500, which is why the parts counter will ask for your VIN. I ordered a quarter inside cover (rear seat arm rest). There were half a dozen part numbers, all in black, and all looked the same. The only pre-painted red mirror covers I see these days are on eBay, but some dealers sell them in primer.

Before you mount them, get some good instructions. There was a post a couple months ago about breaking them when mounting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For
Ordered a set. 👍🏻
Forgot to mention... There's an "extra" tab at the bottom side of the red mirror caps compared to the white ones that I removed from my wife's 2018 500. It doesn't affect the fitment of the mirror caps; you'll just have to move the power mirror cables out of the way to make space for that particular tab. You'll see what I mean once you remove one and compare the caps side by side.
Don't forget to post a picture once they're installed :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@volki Not quite yet. :)

The package arrived but something happened before it went out and only one mirror arrived.

The seller was extremely responsive and has already sent a complete replacement set (tracking it on it’s way from England).

Will post pictures once I get them installed - should look great with my Abarth wheels and red stripe. 👍🏻

·
Registered
12,687 Posts
There are a lot of confusing part #'s on a 500, which is why the parts counter will ask for your VIN.

Vin numbers, mean nothing to a parts department employee. Especially when order OEM accessories for car. Parts departments, only go by parts numbers, or part descriptions. The information they need, is the model year, the vehicle, and and trim. They have no way of looking up a vin number on a car. I worked at a Chevy part department for Several years. Only parts numbers. Special order Parts too. Parts numbers.

500 madness carries the mirror caps. Very expensiv.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Can’t beat OEM parts!

I did need to move a wiring harness out of the way to accommodate an extra structure molded to the red caps that wasn’t on the silver units (looks like a tab used to hold them while being painted).
086CB114-4676-42EA-94CB-8315508A4862.jpeg
AE930D41-16E5-4C88-8F6E-31DCB71C9627.jpeg

·
Registered
12,687 Posts
^^^^^^Those would look, nice on my car too. It’s silver, I have red line center hub caps, and bright red brake calipers.

·
Registered
972 Posts
There are a lot of confusing part #'s on a 500, which is why the parts counter will ask for your VIN.

Vin numbers, mean nothing to a parts department employee. Especially when order OEM accessories for car. Parts departments, only go by parts numbers, or part descriptions. The information they need, is the model year, the vehicle, and and trim. They have no way of looking up a vin number on a car. I worked at a Chevy part department for Several years. Only parts numbers. Special order Parts too. Parts numbers.
That may be your experience, but my dealer has always wanted my VIN for the computer. Researching a radio upgrade, twice buying trim parts, upgrades, and warranty work all required it. e.g. When I called Fiat's national parts line, the last 8 digits of the VIN verified my car... to order a gas cap. (There's only 1.) VIN overrode the quarter trim panel I picked out from descriptions, so an exact match arrived (though they all look alike)... and VIN rejected 3 parts I wanted to purchase.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts