Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Much like myself, the Abarth could use a little bit of time at the gym. I was hoping for 2400-ish lbs. (the car, not me)

The wheels do look a bit chunky, so I'm guessing a bit of unsprung weight could be saved there.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
An ecu remap will help you forget about weight concerns. Turbo cars provide endless options for power gains, depending on how deep your pockets are, of course.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It would still be a slightly piggy car to me, no matter the gains from reflashing. I do wonder what the safe boost increase would be on these cars. It would be nice if it were like the VW turbos, but my guess is that there wouldn't be as much upside.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
It would still be a slightly piggy car to me, no matter the gains from reflashing. I do wonder what the safe boost increase would be on these cars. It would be nice if it were like the VW turbos, but my guess is that there wouldn't be as much upside.
This is not piggy, my A4 1.8T Audi Quattro is piggy,lol.

It looks like the standard turbo might be pushing around 15psi, so maybe upgrade the turbo to one of these?

http://www.hybridturbos.com/hybrid-...chargers/fiat-500-abarth-hybrid-turbocharger/

·
Registered
222 Posts
You should get one in advance of your Abarth purchase - it's only $1,570 US right now, on sale. :)

I could probably do you one better - my 02 Benz C230 with the panorama roof is about 3,350, which is about 1,300 more than my CRX.

We're only a year away from the mandated rear visibility cameras, which this car obviously doesn't need, which will add a few lbs as well.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Comparing the spec that was posted for the car to what's up on the Fiat 500 website for the base 500, it looks like the turn radius has gotten a fair bit bigger for the Abarth (going from 30.6ft to 37.6ft) if I am reading correctly.

Regards

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts