Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with the service dept at a local Chrysler dealership. There is not yet a studio in my city, but apparently this dealer has just been awarded a franchise and the woman on the phone told me they can service my car. No appointment is necessary so they must have the right filter in stock.

She somewhat apologetically told me the oil change would be expensive...how does $100 grab you (including $69 for labour)?

Maybe they are charging straight time for the oil change (I understand that oil service is a loss leader at many dealerships and garages). Perhaps the price will come down once they open the studio proper.

What is the experience of the rest of you, Canadians particularly?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I live in Barrie so the closest dealer is around an hour away. So far only need 1 change and did it myself, it was like $40 with the filter and 4l of mobile 1. The filters are like $8-10 so I pick up a few when I'm near the dealer, keep all reciepts with the service book and document the mileage etc . You need a 27mm socket to remove the oil filter cap but otherwise it's pretty straight forward. You reset the oil change light by turning the ignition to the on position and flooring the throttle 3 times ina row.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I was charged $80, never again.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm coming up on the one year mark and the dealership is hounding me. I changed my oil at the 6 month interval back in September and still have the receipt for the oil filter. Could I send the car in for the 1 year servicing, but just have them skip the thing's I can easily do myself? (oil change and tire rotation) It doesn't sound like a bad idea to at least let them have a look over the car and perform the inspections listed in the service schedule for the 12 month interval.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I was charged $80, never again.
BOY, you guys REALLY do take it in the shorts! I asked my Service Manager what they would charge if I was paying for oil changes and the cost was around $30-40 including dino oil and filter + $30 for full synthetic oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts