Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the "old school" suits the 500 well and thats the route I wanna go for my new wheels. I like the Stance Mindsets but the 16" are almost 18 LBS. Are there any other companies that offer 4x98 in that style that are lighter but no crazy expensive?
Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree old school looks great on the car, and lip and dish work well too. However with correct fitment, lighter weight, style and cheaper I think you are not going to have much luck and will have to sacrifice one of those. There are a lot more older looking designs in 4x100, but still might not be cheap or that light, to get light and old school you need true 2 or 3 piece wheels and that is money.

I am really wanting to do something a bit more unique for my car, but most things that will fit into this category are coming into the 2,000-3,000 for a set of wheels, no tires.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It would be nice to see something for the FIAT similar to these:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree old school looks great on the car, and lip and dish work well too. However with correct fitment, lighter weight, style and cheaper I think you are not going to have much luck and will have to sacrifice one of those. There are a lot more older looking designs in 4x100, but still might not be cheap or that light, to get light and old school you need true 2 or 3 piece wheels and that is money.

I am really wanting to do something a bit more unique for my car, but most things that will fit into this category are coming into the 2,000-3,000 for a set of wheels, no tires.

That's a good point. The stock sport wheels weigh 20 lbs. I originally wanted to get some oz wheels because they offer the right fitment and certain models only weigh 15 lbs and I like taking 5 lbs off per corner but for 800 bucks the stance mindsets are hard to beat since that's the look I want and I may be crazy and go for the gold ones. And shaving 2 lbs per corner is still decent

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think something like this would still be amazing, but trying to find the right balance of width, offset, bolt pattern and price is not easy, and most refurbed RS's are $2,500+

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
The new one, really not that get. We use to put rocks in our friends VW beetle hub caps for a joke.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
yea, the new VW Beetle has got it right.

FIAT wheels similar to those would be an awesome mod. maybe an aluminum billet type wheel to save on weight but still incorporate the chrome hubcap.

I've always loved the old steel wheels of the 60s and 70s with the 'dogdish' hubcaps, whether it be on an import or a Mopar muscle car.

of course I would have to have mine powdercoated to match my car: Verde Chiaro :D

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
It would be nice to see something for the FIAT similar to these:
Don't know what's uglier, the wheels or the car.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wow, is it me, or is that new New Beetle fuuuuugly?

I like the baby moon hubs I've seen on some of the old 500's, though, very much.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Wow, is it me, or is that new New Beetle fuuuuugly?

I like the baby moon hubs I've seen on some of the old 500's, though, very much.
It's like a Porsche had an affair with a Beetle and the result is Baby Fugly.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There are also the Schmidt TH Line 2 piece wheels that have an old school look and I think they even come in 4x98, but not cheap, although Schmidt's are very tough wheels.

And I think the new Beetle looks good when done proper and the old school look is not it in my opinion, but this looks good...

·
Registered
16 Posts
The new one, really not that get. We use to put rocks in our friends VW beetle hub caps for a joke.

These wheels would be perfect for the Fiat. I'm in the market looking for wheels for a winter setup. Has anyone found anything like these for sale without the VW logos?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts