Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I have the average mpg's listed automatically after every start-up, instead of the radio channel display?

First time poster here, and loving my new Fiat 500 PE #401.

Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hmm... when I leave mine on a specific readout like avg mpg, it remembers that next time I drive. I'm assuming yours doesn't, but I can't imagine why not.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Mine doesn't remember when I have the radio option on. Maybe if you turn the radio display off in the menu, the default maybe Avg mileage

·
Registered
453 Posts
oh, hey, that might be it. I turned that off a while ago 'cus the radio shows the radio info. If the EVIC is showing radio info, it might show that by default until you press the button to change it. Use the EVIC menu to turn off the radio display. After that, it will probably be like mine, remembering what you left it on whenever you drive.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
mine always reads what I leave it on, whether it be 'instant mpgs', 'average mpgs', 'date', 'trip', etc. but I never set up the EVIC to display my 'radio settings'.

when I'm trying to get my best mpgs, I leave it on 'instant mpgs' so that I can see when I'm using too much gas. it's really helped me be a bit lighter on the gas so now I can drive my 500 without the EVIC in 'instant mpg' mode and still get pretty decent mileage.

now if I can only find time to set up my Blue & Me/Tom Tom to "voice activate"........:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
oh, hey, that might be it. I turned that off a while ago 'cus the radio shows the radio info. If the EVIC is showing radio info, it might show that by default until you press the button to change it. Use the EVIC menu to turn off the radio display. After that, it will probably be like mine, remembering what you left it on whenever you drive.
right. but the one thing I DON'T like about the EVIC is that when you have a call come in, it not only shows "PHONE" on your radio but your EVIC display shows the "Caller ID". why not have that on the radio so that I can still see my EVIC setting, such as 'instant mpgs'?

seems redundant to me to have the radio AND the EVIC showing similar info. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Lorvar is correct. I used to have "see radio" turned on and turned it off for this very reason.
I know I've said this elsewhere, but I wish the RADIO display would show the CALLER ID rather than just say PHONE when you're using the B&M.

I like to have my MPG info up ALL THE TIME and hate it when I get a call and the display changes to the CALLER ID info. sorry for repeating myself, I just find this REALLY frustrating. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts