Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, you want pics? I don't have any. Take that!

·
Registered
112 Posts
How in the world did you change out your springs without any air tools? You must be made of pure muscle.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jk Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Fiat 500

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How in the world did you change out your springs without any air tools? You must be made of pure muscle.
I am a pretty meaty specimen.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but no. No air tools. When the car is new (and mine has 300 miles) the parts are still at their original torque values and haven't seized yet. The spring compressors only needed to be turned in about 30 cranks to get the load off the top strut bearing. Since the Eibachs are so much shorter than the stock springs, the rest in place with plenty of room for the cap to be threaded.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Um...the proline? Not the lowest of the two. I don't remember. It was the only one available when I bought them. I got one of the last sets of the first run. I just said, yes, I want lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Please tell me what those sexy wheels are!?!?!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
So you've gone to the dark side...I see.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sparco assetta garas. Same wheels as shopping cart wing guy.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Dont get me
wrong
love what u guys are
doing with the car. I'm gonna do some mods eventually.

I just love the stock sport wheels I can't imagine making a big investment in rims.

The two tone really goes well with Argento! If I got Rossi Inwouls
have had the insets done
to match. Similar to another post around here.

They look great though!!!

First mod will be a shift kit for me!

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I just love the stock sport wheels I can't imagine making a big investment in rims.

Rims? According to WIKI:

The rim is the outer edge of a wheel, holding the tire. It makes up the outer circular design of the wheel on which the inside edge of the tire is mounted on vehicles such as automobiles. For example, on a bicycle wheel the rim is a large hoop attached to the outer ends of the spokes of the wheel that holds the tire and tube.

Sorry. That slang term for WHEELS has always driven me up a wall. ;)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've had 3 sets of wheels so far. I still have two sets no counting the stockers. I think I might fix my Competizione wheels and have them powdercoated gloss black or red.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The wheels looks great. Why is it at the Fiat studio?

I stopped to get my TOM TOM box and assorted acoutrements. They wanted a pic...so I obliged. My old car is two cars back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts