Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just listen to a phone message from my Fiat Studio. Something about a recall on the lug nuts? That what she said. Take 30 minutes to fix. They had 5 units in stock.
Anyone else know whats that about?:confused:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I'm ok. I have DEATHBOLTS already.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
the recall is on the lug wrench, for those that have a spare tire. they simply replace the wrench. that's all. in and out in 30 minutes, most of which is probably paperwork. :)

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is the lug wrench. Called service this morning. Will pick up a new one tonight at the dealer, on the way home. Nice to have a studio, a couple blocks away.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Getting a new flash up date, and new lug wrench,
as we speak. Didn't know about the update.
Still no floor mats, for the rear.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Let us know what the flash update does. I'm wary of updating without thinking, as I've often LOST features that I liked when a company decides that having it is "too complicated" or other nonsense.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Getting a new flash up date, and new lug wrench,
as we speak. Didn't know about the update.
Still no floor mats, for the rear.
Let us know what the flash update does. I'm wary of updating without thinking, as I've often LOST features that I liked when a company decides that having it is "too complicated" or other nonsense.
in 'smarks' case, he no longer has a power sunroof. its now a fixed glass roof like his smart car! :p

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
They didn't ask me to do the PCM update. They just did it, it called a RRT 11-065 under warranty. What it is, who knows. I wondered why it was taking so long for the service.

They also performed, adding Locktight to the door hinge bolt. RRT 11-104. Which I already fixed, a couple months ago.

The part number for the new lug wrench is is CEB0l360-AA

I talk to them at the studio, about the Abarth. A completely loaded one is 26 grand. WOW. Saw the invoice order sheet on it. 2 were sold already.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2012 (FF) Fiat 500
NOTE: This notification applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a compact spare tire (sales code TBC) built from December 18, 2010 through July 08, 2011.
The wheel lug nut wrench on about 8,600 of the above vehicles may crack during use.

The wheel lug nut wrench must be replaced.

Part Number Description:
CEB0L360AA Wrench, Wheel Lug Nut

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

[h=1]2012 FF (Fiat 500) PCM (Power Train Contol Module) Post Flash Reprogramming Procedures[/h]
Article ID: 245
Last updated: 20 Jun, 2011
Print
Email to friend
Add comment
Views: 304
Comments: 0
Posted: 10 Jun, 2011
by: Rickman B.

Updated: 20 Jun, 2011
by: Rickman B.

2012 FF (Fiat 500) PCM (Power Train Contol Module) Post Flash Reprogramming Procedures
Vehicle:
2012 FF (Fiat 500)

ECU:
8GMC PCM

Subject:
Post flash reprogramming procedures must be performed on an 8GMC PCM for Fiat 500
Transmission Learn
Manual Transmission vehicle: Depress the clutch fully and release, cycle ignition OFF for 10 seconds then cycle ignition ON. When this has been performed the P1302 - Transmission Self Learning DTC will become a stored fault. Once the P1302 - Transmission Self Learning DTC has become stored, you may clear the fault by selecting "Clear All DTCs" in the wiTECH application.
Automatic Transmission vehicle: The Transmission Self Learning happens at first key ON after flash reprogramming and the P1302 – Transmission Self Learning DTC will be stored fault. Once the P1302 - Transmission Self Learning DTC has become stored, you may clear the fault by selecting "Clear All DTCs" in the wiTECH application.

Cruise control learn
Press and hold ON/OFF button on steering wheel until Cruise indicator illuminates on Instrument Panel.

Additional procedures for TLC relearn on 8GMC PCM service replacements
Once the 8GMC PCM has been flashed reprogrammed and there are no DTCs set, start the car and let it run until coolant temp reaches 60 degrees. This can be visually determined by looking at the coolant temp indicator on the cluster. 3 bars = 60 degrees.
Once the desired temperature has been reached, stab the throttle pedal reaching an RPM of greater than 6000 RPMs. Release the pedal and let the engine return to idle.
TLC learn is complete.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
ive also heard that theres a recall due to door panel delamination.
anyone have this problem?
FOliveira92: I have no information to support that at this time...

·
Registered
401 Posts
My wife drove the car to Bakersfeild on Friday and said the Cruise Control worked once and then not again till the drive back. Is this a ECM thing that might be fixed with the flash? And how do I know if my lug wrench was made during that time?

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My wife drove the car to Bakersfeild on Friday and said the Cruise Control worked once and then not again till the drive back. Is this a ECM thing that might be fixed with the flash? And how do I know if my lug wrench was made during that time?

They notified me, on the recall. My new lug wrench, has green dots painted on it now.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

2012 (FF) Fiat 500
NOTE: This notification applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a compact spare tire (sales code TBC) built from December 18, 2010 through July 08, 2011.
The wheel lug nut wrench on about 8,600 of the above vehicles may crack during use.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
ive also heard that theres a recall due to door panel delamination. anyone have this problem?
If you are referring to the side skirts outside the car peeling and not beginning to slide then this was somewhat common on some of the earlier models and has been mentioned here a few times on the forums, if you mean the inside, not heard anything of such issues till now.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

GoesLikeStink: The ECM could control the cruise control... or the multi-function switch may be faulty.. hard to tell.. check with your local studio..

The lug nut wrench recall is VIN specific due to build date. If you did not get a notification in the mail.. your vehicle is not part of the recall.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If you are referring to the side skirts outside the car peeling and not beginning to slide then this was somewhat common on some of the earlier models and has been mentioned here a few times on the forums, if you mean the inside, not heard anything of such issues till now.
Tweak and all:

Tweak and I agree at least twice a day :). I have not heard of any recall regarding the paint.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts