Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I know I have seen that the convert. top can be opened by remote on the 500c with a combonation of button presses. I have the 500 with sunroof and want to see if the same button press combo will open the roof.:confused:

So I can't seem to find it, what is the button combo to open the top?
Thanks in advance! I appreciate it!:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Good question, on the convertible you just hold the unlock key for 5 or so seconds

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
*Push the blue and me button. When it responds to available commands, say tettuccio while pushing the unlock button. You have to say it exactly as an Italian would. Try saying it while flicking the top of your hand off the bottom of your chin. If that still doesn't work, go inside and play Super Mario brothers for an hour and try again.

If you are still having issues, wear the largest gold chain you can afford and stop wearing deodorant.

*No Italians were offended in the typing of this post. :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's interesting that they don't have such a feature built-in. What a lot of people with SLKs have done, and I have done on my 2002 MB C230, is to get a Mods4Cars module; it allows you to control your windows and sunroof or convertible top open/close from your key (for example, I press "unlock" 3 times, it opens up the sunroof and windows; 2 for the windows only, and 2 "lock" presses, and everything closes up).

It was about 350 without installation, which may sound a little steep, but it's worth it. Since I have talked to them before, I just sent them an email to see if anything is in development, and will update here if I find out anything.

Their site is www.mods4cars.com - I've had mine in my car without issue for about 5 years now.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I wonder if Fiat will have some sort of "VAG-COM" type interface the VWs have. You can program your fob to roll windows up, down, open/close sunroofs...the works, with that software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts