Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Researched back to early 2016 on this forum and couldn't find the right answers. So;

I have a 2013 Pop with 51k on the clock. I want to lower it a bit, but I know the stock shocks/struts are toast by now - so coilovers seem like a good idea

This 500 is my second car, (bought to keep the miles off my nicer car) - but I still want to make the Fiat better...just without spending TOO much on stuff.

I'm looking at Megan, BC, ST, Vmaxx, Bilsteins...etc. I DEF want to keep the cost of parts below $1k, and the lower the better, unless I'm going to have quality issues, then I'll spend a bit more.

I'd appreciate the opinions of guys/girls who've done the coilover route. Pros and cons.

I'm also likely going to do the work myself (former mechanic), so tips and tricks would be helpful! (Like especially what ELSE did you do while you were in there, so you didn't have to go back and do it later?)

The car won't be tracked at all, but I do want it to handle better.

Many thanks!!

Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
old post, but something Like the BC or similar would probably your best bet.
Something with an adjustable bottom mount, and adjustable dampening at the very least.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally decided to go with the V-Maxx coilovers from 500Madness. Going to order them tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback Pmendoza

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I changed my mind.

I called Eric, with 500Madness, and we had a discussion about my suspension needs. I ended up going with the Vogtland coilovers. I'll let you guys know how this all works out!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Going with Madness is a great route. They are extremely helpful, even after a sale, with more direct 500 experience than even the dealers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How low are you trying to go?
Not too low. More like - I'd like to have a more normal looking car, as opposed to the "Dung Beetle" stance that our 500's are born with. (WHY does the *** need to be so high?)

So, I think a couple inches in the rear, maybe one inch in the front, but I mostly want to level it out. And have a slightly sportier ride.

Eric, at Madness informed me that the V-Maxx units they sell are really more of a "Just drop the car REALLY low, and don't improve anything" type of deal. He said the V-Maxx coilovers START OFF dropping the car more than any of the lowering springs he sells. So that would be TOO much for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts