Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate washing Ashley sometimes!

Found nasty chip on the bonnet one on the driver door and some clear peeled on the left rear rim. any chance that's covered under 36 maint program.

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The paint on your wheel certainly shouldn't be peeling already. I would think that would fall under "manufacturers defect" provided that there has been no impact.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If it is not due to impact and just cropped up out of nowhere - I can't imagine that it's not covered! Definately check with your dealer on that issue - if they don't bend willingly shoot a PM to FiatCares. I'm sure it will be resolved.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I think you have a case for the wheel - the slear coat should not look like that already. As for stone chip... well if you call it a stone chip they surely won't do anything.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the stone chips are on the bonnet and door don't think u can call much more
or less what they are. i see some kits
online that show some good results.

Anybody have
any experience fixing these lil buggers

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Sorry rock chip aren't covered under warranty. I have a few too. I try to keep my distance while on the Highway. Touch up paint, alway make it look worst too. Try not to tail gate people. The clear coat on the wheel looks like a different situation. Why would they peel, unless a rock hit it too!

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
My wheels, on a couple my new Honda's peeled like that. Honda replace them. Honda's good about those things. After the warranty was over, they started to peel again. See what Fiat says. If the clear coat peels off the aluminum the wheel will start to corrode.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I've used Langka Paint Chip repair kit on my Audi with good results and it's a pearl blue/gray. I also found two chips on my hood, above the 3M clear film. I ordered the paint and will try in a few weeks, then get the whole hood redone in clear vinyl.

·
Registered
181 Posts
what's best
way to fix a stone chip?
the stone chips are on the bonnet and door don't think u can call much more
or less what they are. i see some kits
online that show some good results.

Anybody have
any experience fixing these lil buggers
call it a paint chip because stone chips arent covered under warranty.
as for how to fix it, take it to a bodyshop and have them do it the right way.
i would never use touch up paint on my car simply because its ghetto and most times i can still tell where the paint chip was beforehand.
also touch up paint doesnt provide proper corrosion resistance so keep that in mind if you plan on keeping your 500 for some time.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts