Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yup. I've got the OVMS, running guenther's .h and .cpp files, it actually works well. as well as his modified .apk on my phone.

Preheat works great if you've got a V3 server (mqtt) setup, and can post messages to it (home assistant server).

I've been doing some can logging with it and trying to further the can addresses. eventually it'll be far enough to merge with the main OVMS.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,701 Posts
This is very cool!

It appears to be giving OBD data, & showing that on a phone (like the AlfaOBD app does), or even on the built-in screen of a later model! There's no screen on the 2013s that Günther & I have though, so he's really going above & beyond to show pics of that.

Unfortunately my OBD "lifetime" cell data (hours at x%) totals MUCH less than their age, so it appears to only monitor it when the car is awake. So it could have been parked for half its life at 100%, or 0%, & that won't show.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Unfortunately my OBD "lifetime" cell data (hours at x%) totals MUCH less than their age, so it appears to only monitor it when the car is awake. So it could have been parked for half its life at 100%, or 0%, & that won't show.
There's an easy fix for that.... find the correct CAN address and request bit/byte sequence, and you can get the "full" cell data.

It's an ongoing project, and the more people willing to sift the data (and collect the data) the better It will get.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anyone wanting to get Onboard with OVMS, feel free to message me, I'm more than happy to explain How I did it.
BTW, Unit cost is only $225, and you can get an ATT IOT Sim card with 500KB/Month for $2.99 Initial + $0.99/month (much better than the included hologram sim at $1.50/month + $0.40/MB) Though I haven't been running mine for more than a month, so I'm not certain the 500KB is enough, if not 1MB is only $1.50/month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts