Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I've been away from the forums for a bit getting settled into a new location and just haven't had too much time to work on upgrades from my car.

I originally had a 2013 FIAT 500 ABARTH in Black:

About a month ago I had to opportunity to pick up a 2013 FIAT 500 ABARTH in White!

I drove it from CA to TX (never thought I'd make that drive with an ABARTH again!) and I've finally got time to do some upgrades to it!

Here it is in CA before driving it out to TX:

And here is how she sits currently:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers

I love the Stormtrooper look of this car. I had gotten so used to my blacked out ABARTH this was a nice change of scenery. I do, however, think it's too much white. I'm working on changing that. :)

Today.. I went ahead and swapped out the stock mirror caps for some carbon fiber ones I picked up at MADNESS.

Pretty simple process!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Custom Painted MAXFlow Intake System

I knew I was going to install this system on this car. I just didn't want black piping or red piping. I wasn't sure what to do. Then I had an idea.. why not paint the pipes white? It was either the pipes or the engine cover..

Here is how it turned out!

Out with the old..

In with the new!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Custom Leather Shift Boot + Custom Shift Knob by BLACK

I don't have many pictures of this, it is a pretty straight forward installation!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FIAT 500 ABARTH Center Exit Exhaust w/ Carbon Fiber Diffuser

I wanted to do something a little different on my ABARTH so I decided to go with a center exit exhaust so it instantly looks different from other ABARTHs.

While I was doing that, why not add a little carbon? :D

The exhaust is made in Italy by Ragazzon. The sound is not extremely different from stock but it does have a little different tone. All in all, it still sounds like an ABARTH and I love it.

The center exit diffuser is made by Koshi.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome back! I can relate to the moving pains, I'm over a year in and my office still is more accurately described as a storage closet.
Love the carbon touches to your car. I've been critical of center exit exhausts in the past but yours truly looks OEM+, it even puts the Giulia next to it to shame.

What are you thinking to break up the white? If you are a fan of the rally livery look I'd say you can't go wrong with a Martini livery, I think it really suits the hips of these cars. Just throwing it out there. ;) Some chunkier ABARTH decals would do the job just fine. Keep up the fine work.

Thank you! Appreciate that.

As far as breaking up the white..

I started off with everyone's go-to mod I think..

Started off with racking up the Black ABARTH and removing the front end:

Time for the white ABARTH..

Now to install the lights!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to post I also went ahead and upgraded my horn while I had the front end taken apart!

Here are some pictures..

New horn requires a relay..

Testing..

And all done!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone guess what's in these boxes?

Also, my girlfriend wanted to start customizing her ABARTH so she decided to do this over the weekend.. I helped remove and install them but she's the painter. My spray is terrible. :eek:nthego:

I think it came out pretty **** good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exel. She does pretty good painting sir. Guessing some other intake and suspension parts.
Thank you!

Good guess! I did a full audio build on my ABARTH!

This was my original harness from my black ABARTH..

Since I'm going to be running a 5-channel amp, I can remove the speaker pins from this harness. There is VERY LITTLE room when doing a double din so the less cables the better.

Soldering wires instead of using crimps..

Organizing the harness..

Finishing up the Metra connections..

I ended up getting an RCA to 3.5mm to keep my AUX in the glovebox working.

Now I needed to find a good double din.

I went with this one: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-O2gpTX3hPKp/p_113DDX9904/Kenwood-Excelon-DDX9904S.html

Adding it to the harness!

AND.. the harness is complete!

More pictures incoming.. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some pictures of me starting to take apart the ABARTH.

Before

This car was already wired with 8 gauge wire for a small amp so I had to take all that out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm loving your documentation!
Thank you!

Based on your pics, it looks like you have the Abarth without the Beats subwoofer, correct? If so, on the lower left of your trunk area, there looks to be a connector that should go to a subwoofer. Did that connector and cable to the amp come with your car originally?
So this ABARTH did originally have the Beats system in it. It was slightly modified by the previous owner.

Long story short, it has the Alpine (Non Beats) amp and a LOC was added to integrate a subwoofer to it.

If you're wondering if you can install the a Beats subwoofer into the Alpine system w/ no Beats Audio then the answer is yes.

The connector is there on the left side however, you will have to purchase the Beats amp and of course the subwoofer and enclosure.

Everything else is pre-wired.

Also, did you end up upgrading your door and rear speakers, too? If so, what speakers did you go with?
Yes! More pictures..

Taking apart the door panels..

The stock speakers vs what I'm replacing them with.

I decided to go with Hertz 165.3 Component Speakers up front and Hertz Coaxial Speakers in the rear. Both being 6.5"

They are pretty great budget speakers. I was giving myself a $1000~ budget for the entire sound system.

Removing the A-Pillars..

These are the stock tweeters vs the Hertz tweeters..

Since I'll be installing a double din I might as well takw the dash off..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hooray for photo dumps!Are you planning to do any DynaMat type noise dampening as part of this audio project? I've been wanting to do my doors but they look pretty well sealed up and I'm not sure I want to go to the hassle of getting down to the sheet metal.Also... I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but what tint are you running? Your windows are opaque in your garage! (Mind you anything over 50% is illegal in MN so I'm easily impressed)
I was going to do DynaMat but I went over my budget with everything I ended up getting. Having previously done a radio swap on my other ABARTH, I knew there'd be enough of an upgrade to where I would be OK without DynoMat for the time being. :)The hardest part of all of this was taking the rear panels off. I'm running 5% all around.. not necessarily legal here either. :pMore pictures!
When you don't have all the right tools:
Running wires:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This audio build is looking great! So, your setup... stock alpine amp, non-Beats sub, Hertz component up front, composite in back. How does it all sound now? Better bass, mids, highs? Thinking of doing a similar build, less the sub. Hoping the lows and mids in the woofer are enough.
Thank you!Oh no.. I'm not keeping the stock amp. :)
Here's what I got:
  • 10" Rockford Fosgate Amp w/ Custom Subwoofer Enclosure
  • Kenwood DDX9904S
  • Hertz 165.3 Component Speakers
  • Hertz 165.3 Coaxial Speakers
  • Alpine PDX-V9 5-Channel Amp

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Custom Wheels by Magneti MarelliI was looking for some wheels for my White ABARTH and I wasn't sure what to go for. There isn't a large selection of custom wheels available but there are still some really nice looking wheels available. I was in between a couple of wheels and saw these. I opted to go for the 17" but they're also available in 16". Here are some pictures!
They're available here: https://shop.500madness.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=FIAT+500+CUSTOM+WHEEL+BY+MAGNETI+MARELLI

·
Registered
6 Posts
That entertainment display is gorgeous. Well done. it's something that the older 500 models really lack once you see it in the newer models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
De-cat Pipe by MADNESSLast night I took some time to install the MADNESS De-cat pipe. A little back story. When I purchased this White FIAT 500 ABARTH it had a resonator installed. I had swapped it out with one without. Long story short, I ended up having to put the resonated one back on. I thought.. well.. might as well go catless right?So.. this is what happened.
I have a video that I'll try to get up at some point. It's actually pretty close to stock with this setup except for the extra pops and bangs. :D I might end up removing the resonator eventually or getting a smaller one. Not sure yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts