Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fiat 500 2018..Service Engine Light came on P1066
Cylinder 1 oil supply solenoid valve switch off time out of range..
The scanner said there was a second code but nothing showed up.
Light was not flashing but just need advice before I go to get it serviced tomorrow.
Any suggestions would surely be appreciated!!!

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Is the valve cover covered in oil and in the spark plug hole? Change the o-ring between the valve cover and Air/oil separator (AOS) box. easy to do. Of course you change the oil and spark plugs at the service intervals listed in the back of your owner's manual? Did someone work on the engine recently? Mileage? What part of the country? Rust belt?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the valve cover covered in oil and in the spark plug hole? Change the o-ring between the valve cover and Air/oil separator (AOS) box. easy to do. Of course you change the oil and spark plugs at the service intervals listed in the back of your owner's manual? Did someone work on the engine recently? Mileage? What part of the country? Rust belt?
I am in NYS..mileage about 65000..had oil changed on time every time.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Spark plugs? What is "on time"?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a fiat 500 2018..Service Engine Light came on P1066
Cylinder 1 oil supply solenoid valve switch off time out of range..
The scanner said there was a second code but nothing showed up.
Light was not flashing but just need advice before I go to get it serviced tomorrow.
Any suggestions would surely be appreciated!!!

Thank you.

I had that happened to me a couple of times. First time I spent $160 for diagnostic and they couldn’t find anything other than low on oil and needed an oil change.
Second time that happened I just had the oil change and the mechanic noticed that the oil level was low. After the oil change, the code cleared :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts