Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics I shot today while having my wheels installed by Mark. Real nice folks and know Fiats like no other (Been a Fiat Shop since 1981!)
Glass Building Display window Display case Window
Electronics Technology Collection Table Games

Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Fiat 500
Automobile repair shop Vehicle Car Workshop Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the bright aluminum finish hides the interesting contours of the wheel, they look best in person, the pics just don't do it justice.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Zonker, I know southern California is big. Take drive down to Long Beach over at 500 Madness shop. They have tons of after market stuff for the 500.

500madness.com

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I liked the most about Mark Allisons shop is that he is a Fiat guy, thru and thru. His shop and parking yard is a treasure trove of old 124 Spiders, X1/9's, Lancia Betas and Scorpions, and 850 Spiders.

While I was waiting on the car, one of his "regulars" showed up to have his daily driver 1974 X1/9 serviced. The fact that this man had a X1/9 still operational on a daily basis was quite an accomplishment in itself, but what really blew me away about the guy was that he has owned the car since 1975! If you look in the pics you will see his brown car in front of mine. Makes me almost want to get another X1/9. Had one in the 80's and did my first clutch job on one of those.

Before I left I asked Mark if he knew of any old school hubcaps that might fit the steel pop wheels, and after about 5 minutes of rummaging, he turned up a center cap cover that fits onto the Pop steel wheels!! Needless to say, I will be putting those caps to use on my red painted steel wheels when i buy my R compound summer tires...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts