Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I used the G2 paint and did my 500C's brake calipers in red. The process was easy if time consuming - waiting for paint to dry is not fun but at least I could watch F1 practice.
The paint went on well and there was plenty of it - so much that I also painting the facing of the hubs as some rust was starting to appear and I figured this could help stem the tide. Anyway, I have attached some pics to show off the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
very nice.
red calipers always look good on any car and color. painting the hub was kinda pointless tho (sorry if i sound rude). Surface rust on the hub is normal.

too bad the Fiat 500 calipers aren't flat all the way through (hole in the middle), cause if it was flat.... a nice touch to the caliper would be a FIAT sticker. like this....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not rude at all. I had left over paint so I figured painting would not hurt. I agree about the flat calipers would look very cool with the Fiat name - oh well the red is nice with the black wheels and matches my convertible top. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 500 by Diesel with "standard" silver brake calipers. Would love yellow calipers like they have in Europe (pictured below). Might just paint mine one day - will be cheaper than ordering original yellow calipers from Europe ;)

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
very nice.
red calipers always look good on any car and color. painting the hub was kinda pointless tho (sorry if i sound rude). Surface rust on the hub is normal.

too bad the Fiat 500 calipers aren't flat all the way through (hole in the middle), cause if it was flat.... a nice touch to the caliper would be a FIAT sticker. like this....

Be nice just the 500 logo

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
What color?

I am thinking of going from the standard steel wheels on my Grigio 2012 Pop to the OEM Pop aluminum wheels. Before I do that I will paint the calipers, but what color? In addition to the grey paint scheme, the car has an Italian racing stripe on the bonnet, roof and rear hatch, fog lights added and a chrome fuel door. Inside I have some tri-color mods as well (shift boot, e-brake boot, red key fob, etc.).

Everybody has red, so I am thinking maybe yellow or black?

I am thinking black might be best for this color scheme?

Your vote please.

I will probably use the Rustoleum kit.

Tedolph

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do you guys keep the calipers CLEAN?? Mine always get grey with brake dust/road grime. I live down a steep hill with switchbacks, so my front calipers barely look red...
(p.s. to RapidBlue: I think you can get yellow caliper COVERS -- look on eBay.it)

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is how I do it. You might call it crazy or think of it as the next level of detailing. I have two aftermarket scissor jacks with pinch weld adapter. I actually remove both rims completely on either side. Then I clean the rims all around using light soap water and a brush. I use metal polish on rims. With rims removed you have easy access to calipers. Again soap water, brush and some TLC. Once they are dried, I actually put polish and wax on the calipers. I use Meguairs Gold Plus products. This process keeps them clean for a long time. It usually takes around two hours for all four rims but the end result is almost showroom like shine. I mentioned pinch weld adapter because I remove rims very often and it is absolutely necessary not to damage the underside of the vehicle...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts