Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Have an electrical question for you.

My car is a 2012 Fiat 500 POP. I bought it in January, and was told it had a brand new battery installed in October.

A few weeks after owning the car, I noticed the battery progressively getting weaker. After leaving it sit for a week, I went out to start it and the battery was completely dead.

I held onto hope that it was a lemon battery, and took it NAPA. They said it was definitely defective, and gave me a new one free of charge.

I've had the new one installed for a month or so now. The car has sat for the past few days, and just now I went to start it and it BARELY started.

I know it's not my alternator, as the first time the original battery died I jumped it, let it run for 2 hours, and it was back to full charge.

I have no aftermarket stereos, lights, etc hooked up. As of right now, everything in the electrical system is stock.

I'm from the U.S. and there aren't any Fiat shops around, and most shops I've been to, even just for an oil change, make it very clear that they have no interest on working on my car.

I have lots of plans for the car, but I want to make sure it's 100% functional before I put more time and money into it. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2012 Fiat Pop
3 Posts
We have a 2012 Fiat Pop and within this past month we have similar electrical issues/problems with our car.

Two independent mechanics isolated the problem to electrical issues/drain while the car is turned off and nothing left on like the radio nor anything plugged in like a phone charger in the lighter. The issue was identified in the BCM (Body Control Module) at F36 and in the second fuse panel at F01.

Now Fiat wants to charge $570.00 just to run an electrical diagnostic on the wiring harness. It's possible that replacing a wiring harness may cost somewhere around $3000. That's not feasible for us. We've gotten 8 years out of this car and that's probably going to be the end of this car at this point. Seems pretty nonsensical to pay $3000 for a fix that may not even fix the problem vs. a down payment on a new car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2012 Fiat Pop and within this past month we have similar electrical issues/problems with our car.

Two independent mechanics isolated the problem to electrical issues/drain while the car is turned off and nothing left on like the radio nor anything plugged in like a phone charger in the lighter. The issue was identified in the BCM (Body Control Module) at F36 and in the second fuse panel at F01.

Now Fiat wants to charge $570.00 just to run an electrical diagnostic on the wiring harness. It's possible that replacing a wiring harness may cost somewhere around $3000. That's not feasible for us. We've gotten 8 years out of this car and that's probably going to be the end of this car at this point. Seems pretty nonsensical to pay $3000 for a fix that may not even fix the problem vs. a down payment on a new car.
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I've just had exactly the same and traced it to fuse f01 and control module f36. Thanks

·
Registered
910 Posts
Did anybody bother to check basics like the ground connections UNDER the battery and at the starter ground?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys! Have an electrical question for you.

My car is a 2012 Fiat 500 POP. I bought it in January, and was told it had a brand new battery installed in October.

A few weeks after owning the car, I noticed the battery progressively getting weaker. After leaving it sit for a week, I went out to start it and the battery was completely dead.

I held onto hope that it was a lemon battery, and took it NAPA. They said it was definitely defective, and gave me a new one free of charge.

I've had the new one installed for a month or so now. The car has sat for the past few days, and just now I went to start it and it BARELY started.

I know it's not my alternator, as the first time the original battery died I jumped it, let it run for 2 hours, and it was back to full charge.

I have no aftermarket stereos, lights, etc hooked up. As of right now, everything in the electrical system is stock.

I'm from the U.S. and there aren't any Fiat shops around, and most shops I've been to, even just for an oil change, make it very clear that they have no interest on working on my car.

I have lots of plans for the car, but I want to make sure it's 100% functional before I put more time and money into it. Thanks everyone!

View attachment 108586

1 - 6 of 6 Posts