Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I leave it in park for a few hours, the parking brake tends to stick. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mine does it after rain / snow or if the car sits for a couple of days. Didn't think much about it because my Focus did the same thing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mine does this also. Kind of snaps free when you first move the car. I'm not worried i've had this with other cars too.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
if the car were wet when you parked it, i'd believe it - almost all car's i've had will get some rust on the rotors in short order when wet/cool and then the pads are "stuck" briefly

when i lived outside boston, using the handbrake in cold wet winter weather almost assured them being frozen stuck so i'd have to park just in gear on flat surface, or wheels turned into the curb etc

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no problem with my parking 'break' or 'brake'. :p
Yes yes, I caught that right after I posted. Too bad you can't edit thread titles.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Yes yes, I caught that right after I posted. Too bad you can't edit thread titles.
LOL.....yea, made that mistake before. as for your issue, I have noticed that the rotors on the 500 tend to get surface rust rather quickly, like in a matter of a few hours. this could be leading to the cause of your problem. mines an auto and I don't think I've used the parking brake but once or twice in almost 10K miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts