Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went out for dinner in Halifax, Nova Scotia tonight. Usually it's nearly impossible to find parking downtown. As I passed the restaurant my wife pointed to a spot ( a small gap between two cars) across the street from the restaurant. I put the car, her espresso lounge, into reverse and backed it smartly into the spot. Some people actually stopped to watch. I doubt I could have slid my 1700 Kawasaki Vulcan in so quickly. Proudly, I stepped from the car and strolled to the restaurant. I had a good chuckle watching another driver trying to park a "normal" size car into a spot twice the size. George Costanza would have been proud.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
168 Posts
+1 on the smiles.:)

This is a picture* of the Corkscrew of Death - the parking garage at the Denver Performing Arts Center. The interior walls are marked with the paint from countless SUVs, trucks and sedans. And the owners have apparently decided that any sort of pavement clearing from snowstorms would not enhance the feeling of terror while traversing it so they refrain from clearing it. Nothing quite like starting the descent from the top level ice floes onto the ramp from Hades. Fortunately we were in Bella when we negotiated it on Saturday night and were in no danger of paint removal or out-of-control sliding - tiny Italian car for the win!

*Photo of it is the sixth down on this talented photographer's site that I found while googling for a pic. Linking to the site itself out of respect and copyright for the artist (check out the other pics while there - well worth the time). :)

http://tylerbailey.blogspot.com/2011_09_01_archive.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts