Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2012 Abarth with a missing windshield washer reservoir. Ordered one from FIAT using my VIN number and was sent one for a non turbo car. Since some of the space is occupied by the intercooler it will not fit. It appears that the bottle is different for a turbo car, and the parts catalog is wrong. This was discussed with the dealer parts department who in turn contacted FIAT and was given two part numbers to match to my car. Unfortunately I don't have the bottle to verify the correct number. Numbers are 68206840AA and 68102696AA. Can anyone verify the correct number from their Abarth? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
68206840aa shows up as no longer available, and 68102696aa has no hit. Looking up at the Abarth part number, the reservoir is listed as 68104543aa. Fiatpartswebstor.com has it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right on all points except that 68104543aa is for non turbo cars. That is the number that the parts catalog gives for my Abarth using my Vin number. I have a damaged one from a previous project Pop and tried fitting it to my Abarth. You can't put something 4 inches wide in a space that is 2.5 inches wide. The intercooler occupies the space. YouTube shows the Abarth bottle on a video on installing an aftermarket intercooler. It seems to be shorter and narrower than 68104543aa. I need to confirm the PN from a known Abarth bottle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a mystery to me. Car was bought from an estate over the internet. The original elderly gent is no longer with us. There isn't any evidence of previous body damage that could damage the bottle and all the hoses and electrical connection is there. Car previously lived off of Mulholland Drive in Malibu.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Mulholland Drive in Malibu may be your answer. The early Abarths had a problem where the rear washer would leak when ever you took a hard turn. Mulholland has lots of hard turns and is a great place to drive an Abarth. Also, it never rains here so windshield wipers/washers aren't needed often. I can totally see an old guy just taking out the washer bottle to solve the problem. There's a TSB to add a check valve to the rear washer so it doesn't leak, fixed it right up for me.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Maybe in his will he wanted to be buried with his Abarth. When his family read this, someone wrote in "washer bottle" right after Abarth on the will. I'd do the same thing because that Abarth has to be worth something, even if its $100. That's better than nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Purchased the car in February. I was in Calif. in October and drove Mulholland right past the house that the car lived. Didn't know it at the time. Mulholland is great, Malibu Cyn Road is awesome

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work for a body shop and we kept getting the same washer bottle. Hope this helps, kinda glad i found your post, but we got part# 68206840AA and this was correct for me

·
Registered
8 Posts
This might be an old thread, but I was looking for the same thing. BOMB nailed it. Just be aware to anyone else, Mopar says it does not fit but it is in fact for the Abarth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts