Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yes, european. and of course replacing the dash is the only cure, the question is if Fiat accepts this as a common issue. Any hints here?
You mean, would Fiat fix for you? If within warranty, I would think so, but if your car is out of the warranty, then I'd guess that you are out of luck. A friend who runs a Fiat/Alfa shop in Japan tells me that it's so common that practically every single one of them develop this symptom after several years especially if parked outside. Somehow less uncommon with North American spec cars, who knows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You mean, would Fiat fix for you? If within warranty, I would think so, but if your car is out of the warranty, then I'd guess that you are out of luck. A friend who runs a Fiat/Alfa shop in Japan tells me that it's so common that practically every single one of them develop this symptom after several years especially if parked outside. Somehow less uncommon with North American spec cars, who knows.
tx, not very encouraging, but it's strange. I would not consider the dash as being consumable or normal wear & tear to replace from time to time! It seems to me clear faulty product, but let's see, I just wrote them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts