Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just got my 500 Sport last week and 1st complaint from the GF -- no passenger grab handle.

She's got a point. Even without spirited driving, it's pretty easy to get thrown around over there and all the passenger has to hold on to is the door closer.

I wonder why the omission by Fiat? Cost would seem minimal. Is there not enough backing on the pillar to support a grab handle?

Anyway, if someone comes out with an aftermarket solution that works, I'm a buyer!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes, it's sort of needed. My wife complains all the time about it, and it gets worse - I find myself driving the car faster and faster everyday. I actually like the fact that there are only 100 hp's - I can't get into trouble that easy!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
OK, just got my 500 Sport last week and 1st complaint from the GF -- no passenger grab handle.

She's got a point. Even without spirited driving, it's pretty easy to get thrown around over there and all the passenger has to hold on to is the door closer.

I wonder why the omission by Fiat? Cost would seem minimal. Is there not enough backing on the pillar to support a grab handle?

Anyway, if someone comes out with an aftermarket solution that works, I'm a buyer!
Did you try the seatbelt?:p

·
Registered
470 Posts
It does need an O.S. handle... I let my friend drive me through (GMR) Glendora Mountain Road and I found myself looking for something to hang on to...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone taken the pillar trim off to see if there is a proper mount to add an aftermarket grab handle?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 500 sport built in Feb and it HAS a passenger grab handle...and TRUST me my passengers use it often!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I test drove three different 500's...I'm thinking the Sport had it but I remember noticing that the Pop convertible did not.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Please post a photo:D
Do you not believe me...I would hardly lie about something that trivial ha! I'll post went I get a moment free this week...

BTW I had an auto sport that I traded in after 3 weeks ownership to get a proper manual and the auto also had a grab bar above the passenger window...that car was a march build...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not saying I don't believe you... I want to see exactly where it is mounted and what it looks like... So I can tell the guy I buy it from where to mount it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would love to see a photo also, it will help me figure out where to mount mine.

Do you have a sunroof? I do and there doesn't seem to be much room to mount a bar above the passenger window, maybe they are available only on non-sunroof cars???

·
Registered
614 Posts

Do you have a sunroof? I do and there doesn't seem to be much room to mount a bar above the passenger window, maybe they are available only on non-sunroof cars???
I bet you're right.

·
Registered
69 Posts

my automatic FIAT had a sunroof, my current one doesnt...they both had/have grab handles..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here's mine. 500 Sport. March build.

Reactions: Triumph
1 - 20 of 26 Posts