Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to All,

My Nero Sport with 2,700 miles on her has developed a slight creaking sound (not yet a rattle)
If I open the window slightly, it stops. Any advice on this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
This works for me. This is already posted someplace else, a while back. It last about 2-3 months. and starts again. some other on this forum not so good. The dealership thought this was a good idea too. Weather stripping too tight.

I surprise, somebody doesn't say use the search button. good luck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help Smark. I did use the search button and did't find anything. I'll give this a try.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
317 Posts
The search feature is not very intelligent and often I can't find anything either using all different search terms and key words.

·
Registered
317 Posts
TSB for window noise

My dealer said they have a TSB on this now. Just got back from the dealer and the creak / rubbing noise is gone. I've also noticed a reduction in wind noise also. The TSB states to put a white grease lubricant between the door and the weather stripping.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My dealer said they have a TSB on this now. Just got back from the dealer and the creak / rubbing noise is gone. I've also noticed a reduction in wind noise also. The TSB states to put a white grease lubricant between the door and the weather stripping.
Note the noise and wind leak is back so back to the dealer I go...

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
So I take it you have to either keep it conditioned with spray lube or take it to the dealer for the same treatment every-time it dries out...that sucks bud. Wish there were a better solution, and permanent as well!

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
They will start making noise again after a while. I just use the spray again. The weather stripping around the door is very tight. I've notice on some of the new cars, the stripping doesn't creak. You can test it, by rolling down the window, and pulling back and forth on the top on the window frame. It will creak, if you have the issue.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Long time no post! Let me know how it goes and if I can get involved to assist in any way. Send me a PM if you'd like.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
FiatCares, is there a fix for this? Both of our studios here, know of none. They both like how I solved it. Just curious. New improved weather stripping. Let me know OK!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
FiatCares, is there a fix for this? Both of our studios here, know of none. They both like how I solved it. Just curious. New improved weather stripping. Let me know OK!

Thanks.

Smark: Im working on it for you.. ill be in touch

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, I have it too, window rattles, creak creak creak in my ear. Tried the silicone lube stuff and it works for a week or so and then it's back. Short of turning up the radio loud enough to drown it out and therefore causing a much more serious problem (hearing loss!) I suppose it's to the dealer I go as well....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Long time no post! Let me know how it goes and if I can get involved to assist in any way. Send me a PM if you'd like.
This issue does not seem to be the door sits too tight. The rubber is very stiff and the door is constantly shifting and twisting around while driving creating an annoying noise. A lube temporary fixes the issues however this is a problem and needs to be addressed.

FiatCares - Any luck digging up a fix? I'm going to the dealer this Friday to resolve this among other issues... parts ordered back in January finally came in for warranty replacement.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
This issue does not seem to be the door sits too tight. The rubber is very stiff and the door is constantly shifting and twisting around while driving creating an annoying noise. A lube temporary fixes the issues however this is a problem and needs to be addressed.

FiatCares - Any luck digging up a fix? I'm going to the dealer this Friday to resolve this among other issues... parts ordered back in January finally came in for warranty replacement.
All: I know you have all expressed a concern with this issue and I am on top of it.. I have placed an inquiry to our engineers to see if there is a possible TSB (technical service bulletin) in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yeah, I have it too, window rattles, creak creak creak in my ear. Tried the silicone lube stuff and it works for a week or so and then it's back. Short of turning up the radio loud enough to drown it out and therefore causing a much more serious problem (hearing loss!) I suppose it's to the dealer I go as well....
Loco: I totally understand... I've been there, myself.. see below.. Im checking into any applicable TSB's for this concern. In the mean time, have a great weekend. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
if this works i will store a can in the trunk and apply each time i gas up.....
Defeats the purpose of purchasing a new car... Fiat needs to fix this.

FiatCares - Any update? Like I said before tomorrow I'm headed to the dealer. Thank you for your help with this!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts