Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few of us around Southern Cal met on the top level of Petersen Automotive Museum's parking lot: Zonker, el_guapo, 500Spot, MOlivares (+girlfriend), JimTesla, two ecomodder guys, and me. Then we checked out the exhibits and then had lunch. Funny enough, we all drove a different colored FIAT.

Here are some pictures. It was fun putting a face to the name on the Forum. I had fun and hope the rest did, too.

Here is Zonker and his white FIAT (love the wheels):

Zonker's and 500Spot's cars:

My car (rosso brillante) and El_guapo's car (rame, that's El_Guapo admiring his own car):

JimTesla's FIAT (Zonker and 500Spot in the picture):

People checking out MOlivares's verde chiaro (nice wheels all around):

Three FIATS and two Ecomodders' cars:

Lest you think it was all guys who attended: here is a new-found FIAT enthusiast and me (nice picture, no? Hot chicks?):

Here we are admiring Zonker's light, no-back-seats car (I just noticed I caught MOlivares in the sideview mirror):

Here is Zonker making my Bose system sound even better by amping up the bass (sorry, could not rotate the picture, and you can see that Zonker's is clearly taller than I am):

And then there were three:

It was fun!

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
I see I would be right at home i.e. older crowd lol. Oh even I knew how to turn up the bass tehehe

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Cool pics Pei! I had a great time meeting all of you.

As for the hot chicks in the pic... Oh Yeah!

Who knew the perks one would have owning a Fiat 500 lol.

So you guys up for a drive to Temecula for a little wine tasting after driving some picturesque country roads??

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Cool pics Pei! I had a great time meeting all of you. As for the hot chicks in the pic... Oh Yeah! Who knew the perks one would have owning a Fiat 500 lol. So you guys up for a drive to Temecula for a little wine tasting after driving some picturesque country roads??
FIAT 500 =

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I didn't want to seem "rice-y." (I know RICE is a derogatory term for some weed-whacker exhaust sound, not for bass...)
Wow - knowledge retained haha

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mom Pulls Through

I excitedly shared my Fiat meet up with my best friend after the meetup.

me: "I just met up with some FIAT owners! It was really fun!"
friend: "What? Why?"
me: "ummm? we had a meet up! at the top level of a car museum!"
friend: "What? You met up with some random Fiat owners? what did you guys talk about?"
me: "Well...lots of stuff. Exhaust, modifications, cold air intake, delaminating badges, car alarms, new wheels, drops, etc."
friend: "buwahahahahaha!!!"

Then yesterday, at work:

Me, excitedly: "I met up with some FIAT owners on Mother's Day! It was great!"
Coworker, who owns a Honda Civic: "Why? Why did you meet up?"
Me: "Never mind."

Then today, on the phone with my mom, who lives in Beijing:

Mom: "What did you do this weekend?"
Me: "I met up with six other FIAT owners on Mother's Day! It was great!"
65-year old Mom: "That's GREAT! It sounds like a lot of fun! You expanded your world! I bet you learned a lot!"
me: "Gee, mom, you're the only person who gets how cool a FIAT meet up is!"

It turns out that my mom owns an MG (the Nanjing MG5?)!! She told me this when she bought it, but I was totally clueless about how special it was. She said that in Beijing, the MG owners get together for a drive and then go for a picnic or something. Too bad my stepdad never wants to do it, but my mom wants to (she doesn't drive).

Good ol' mom comes through. Happy Belated Mother's Day.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool pics Pei! I had a great time meeting all of you.

As for the hot chicks in the pic... Oh Yeah!

Who knew the perks one would have owning a Fiat 500 lol.

So you guys up for a drive to Temecula for a little wine tasting after driving some picturesque country roads??
Zonker, I would totally be up for a drive to Trafficula/So Cal Wine Country for a little wine tasting after some driving some picturesque country roads.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I excitedly shared my Fiat meet up with my best friend after the meetup.

me: "I just met up with some FIAT owners! It was really fun!"
friend: "What? Why?"
me: "ummm? we had a meet up! at the top level of a car museum!"
friend: "What? You met up with some random Fiat owners? what did you guys talk about?"
me: "Well...lots of stuff. Exhaust, modifications, cold air intake, delaminating badges, car alarms, new wheels, drops, etc."
friend: "buwahahahahaha!!!"

Then yesterday, at work:

Me, excitedly: "I met up with some FIAT owners on Mother's Day! It was great!"
Coworker, who owns a Honda Civic: "Why? Why did you meet up?"
Me: "Never mind."

Then today, on the phone with my mom, who lives in Beijing:

Mom: "What did you do this weekend?"
Me: "I met up with six other FIAT owners on Mother's Day! It was great!"
65-year old Mom: "That's GREAT! It sounds like a lot of fun! You expanded your world! I bet you learned a lot!"
me: "Gee, mom, you're the only person who gets how cool a FIAT meet up is!"

It turns out that my mom owns an MG (the Nanjing MG5?)!! She told me this when she bought it, but I was totally clueless about how special it was. She said that in Beijing, the MG owners get together for a drive and then go for a picnic or something. Too bad my stepdad never wants to do it, but my mom wants to (she doesn't drive).

Good ol' mom comes through. Happy Belated Mother's Day.
It's in the genes!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Too funny, Peip. My coworkers dont seem to get it either...and some of them are even askign why did you get a Fiat. Geez I like the car its fun to drive and hey I get to go to cool functions at the car museum.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'd be up for a drive to Temecula! My car is scheduled to be here in two weeks!

I know what you guys mean with people not getting it. My coworkers can't wait for me to get my car so they don't have to hear the build updates every day. If only they knew that it will be even worse when I get it and I'm talking about the mods I'm planning.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Well it sounds like I need to start planning a little drive/wine tasting trip!

Perhaps we can start at the top level of the parking garage at Promenade mall (a new tradition), take a nice long scenic drive (would a 120 mile round trip be too long?) and end up at Doffo Winery for some post drive refreshments...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
thanks peipster!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts