Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after being about 50/50 on this whole Fiat 500 thing I got word from the bloodhound aka #241 that my car was at the dealer. Being rained out of a softball tourney I thought I would go over and have a look.

Of course they had every other Fiat 500 in the world except for mine. So I took a ride in a pre production unit and was okay with it. As I came in from the demo ride my car arrived on a hauler at the very same time. They told me that it had go to through the shop and they would have it ready in a couple of days.

So I went home. As soon as I got there I had a call that my car was ready. So back to the dealer. Did the deal which was quite painless-$19,500 plus tax license and some $40 electronic filing fee.

And then I was off like father's pants. I think I was scared they would take it back. I wandered home on California Hwy 4 which could be the most ill kept road in the state. That little Fiat seemed glued to the road and just loving it. I loved it. Somewhere in there I realized that if it had more power I would kill myself. I love the manual transmission and having to use it to keep the rpms right. Right=high.

The features on such a small car are remarkable. And the Sirius Satellite radio I love it. The blue tooth is the best. The thumbs up from other drivers was kinda fun. The insurance girl asking me if Fiat was a car company made me feel old. Now I think she wants one. Let her wait.

So I am now waiting for daylight to take it out on some serious twisty roads.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Glad you happy!

YEAH!!!!!

Glad to be of help. I knew you would love the car. Revs high=happy motor in the power band. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks to you I am happy with it. Without your support and determination I would have just given up and moved on. I just don't have the energy.

But I took it out on Corral Hollow road and then over Patterson Pass Road and what a freaking hoot. It is like it is on rails. I love having a car I not only can shift but that I need to shift to make it perform the way it should. Good fun.

And I am constantly wiping the drool marks off of the sides of it. People here just love it. It makes them smile.

Thanks again for all of your help. You have it more together than the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts