Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, mine was the first car delivered in Orange County, #78. I was surprised to see they built the car without the sunroof I ordered. The center ac vent is broken, but other than that the car is a blast to drive. Firm suspension, decent power when the revs are up. It cruises easily at 70-80mph

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, mine was the first car delivered in Orange County, #78. I was surprised to see they built the car without the sunroof I ordered. The center ac vent is broken, but other than that the car is a blast to drive. Firm suspension, decent power when the revs are up. It cruises easily at 70-80mph
SO lets do a meet?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Awesome! Congrats on your new 500! Lets take Wilber's suggestion and start seeing some meets!

You lucky fellows that are driving your cars already, anything you would want to change about them? Sounds like you're wishing for a little more low end grunt!

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I would not take a brand new car up to 80 mph. What about the concept of a break-in period? Later on, are we going to hear you complaining about having problems?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a Fiat drive event on March 27th in the Palos Verdes area. Details are available on some of the other Fiat forum sites. I'll copy and paste here.

As for 80mph, the rpm was only in the 4k range. That's right where this motor is making power. If you would rather lug the engine that's your choice. When you drive it with a manual, you'll find you can't really shift below 4k or you're not in the power band in the next gear. And believe me or not, the motor was broken in by the time I got the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
As long as you know what to do, it will work. I keep my cars for about 16 years, and don't have a lot a problems regardless of the brand. So I have to take what comes along at those intervals.

I would have loved to tackle the Yugo ... it's all good, if you know what you're doing. I hope we can get some technical expertise on this site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts