Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I road tripped it down to Florida for Christmas with my Fiat 500. Trip went great no issues. Very comfy trip!! I however needed to get an oil change while down here so I took it to the dealer closest to the airport where I was dropping off family for their flight home.

I had an oil change and had some warranty work done. It took 4 hours for only a oil change / rattle / and rear badge changed out. The badge was bubbling. They scratched my side door, plastic molding on the side door, rear bumper and above the latch. Not surface scratches, down to the metal!! They rattle they said they heard and would address. Then when my car was ready they noted they could not hear the rattle and there was nothing to fix. Rattle is clearly still there. Just gained a new badge, 4 hour oil change, and a ton of scratches.

I would avoid this dealer. They were rude, took them for ever, and were rude when I brought the issues to them. They said if I brought it back, 1.5 hour drive out of my way, a couple days later they would replace the parts that were scratched.

I do no trust this dealer and will have the issues taken care of at my dealer in Mass.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also note this dealer sends their cars over to the Chrysler garage and does not have its own fiat tech garage!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got similar expirience at FIAT of Ontario CA.....
They said they changed oil....When I got home and for som reason looked on the dip stick....
Oil wasnt changed!!!! I drained and it seems like it got metal chips in it.
They kept car for three days to fix open top issue.
The service advisor was comlety lost on where car is and what is happend.
Had to call service manager and customer relation manager.
I love my 500 - it is great little car and I was going to buy Abarth...but - service is disaster and I am not sure I want one more Fiat on my drive way....

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Oil change tire rotation, about 45 minutes. I did get a bad scratch at the bottom of my door panel, the service before, for a simple lug wrench replacement. If I have them fix it, something else would get damaged.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oil change tire rotation, about 45 minutes. I did get a bad scratch at the bottom of my door panel, the service before, for a simple lug wrench replacement. If I have them fix it, something else would get damaged.
If you try the Sarasota studio please let me know... I'll be heading back down there in July and will need an oil change before I head back north, that of course if I still have the Fiat. They Fort Myers dealer is sketchy and I will never deal with them again.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Got similar expirience at FIAT of Ontario CA.....
They said they changed oil....When I got home and for som reason looked on the dip stick....
Oil wasnt changed!!!! I drained and it seems like it got metal chips in it.
They kept car for three days to fix open top issue.
The service advisor was comlety lost on where car is and what is happend.
Had to call service manager and customer relation manager.
I love my 500 - it is great little car and I was going to buy Abarth...but - service is disaster and I am not sure I want one more Fiat on my drive way....
500 fun: Im sorry that happened... is it resolved?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is worth the drive to Walter's Fiat in Riverside, CA. Derick, their service manager is very attentive and the quality of repairs is second to none. They service Fiats exclusively here. Thre is no Mopar pollution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts