Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any newer updates to putting fog lights on a pop searched previous threads and wanted to know if there where any new news or kits available...pictures would be awesome

·
Registered
81 Posts
Theres one on moparonlineparts as well, with pdf instructions.

·
Registered
250 Posts
UP!
this is an old thread but i have the same issue here, im thinking in buying one of these kits and im wondering if they´ll work or not. i have read that the Ecu doesnt allow the aux lights, so we have to do the ¨connection outside¨? help please, i need a rope....

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was just looking around under my wife's Sport... I really think you might have to take the whole front bumper off to install the factory fog/driving lights. There may be enough room if you remove the wheel and the wheel well plastics but I'm not sure (and that was the passenger side, I didn't poke around on the drivers side)

·
Registered
143 Posts
CamperDavve, go to the MOPAR accessory web site and look for the fog light kit for the Pop. You'll find the PDF instructions for installation and it looks like removal of the front facia is required for proper installation. Also, the studio will be required to update the software in the car for proper operation of the fog lights.

·
Registered
250 Posts
yes, we need to take the whole bumper off i was aware of that
Also, the studio will be required to update the software in the car for proper operation of the fog lights.
Here is the issue, i been said that the pops doesnt come with that option in the software, i mean you can enable the fog lights on the ecu but then nothing happens, they wont work, thats why i asked if i have to do the installation from outside the ecu, just passing all the wires and takind a (+) from the battery...

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
yes, we need to take the whole bumper off i was aware of that

Here is the issue, i been said that the pops doesnt come with that option in the software, i mean you can enable the fog lights on the ecu but then nothing happens, they wont work, thats why i asked if i have to do the installation from outside the ecu, just passing all the wires and takind a (+) from the battery...
My LS told me they simply (I don't know how simple "simply" is) updated the software to enable the fogs in my Pop.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ya, that's what I figured... Lucky for me, the wife's Sport came with the fogs already on it... Otherwise I'm sure I'd hear.... "Oooo, I like the fog lights, do you think you can install them..." :eek:

I was looking around under there to see if I can pop out a little boo-boo she has on the bumper, under the fog lights... Couldn't really do much without the whole bumper coming off, so a little touchup paint will have to do for now...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/...s-viper-autostart-more-installed-finally.html

this is what i ended up doing cause i wanted more light output wanted the fogs on without the headlights on

wanted LED's and they match my 5000k hid and you can leave them on for a whole day and it wont drain the battery have it wired independently also use them for driving lights look awesome also installed a flush mount in the rear bumper for extra reverse lighting also wired to the hatch when its open....love rigid LED's

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm glad things worked out for you! Just to answer the question that was sort of hanging in the air, the Mopar fog light kit does work perfectly on the Pop. I had it done and it's great!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
alright, thank you jimtesla and skybluemet, your answers have been very helpful to make the decision, i am going for the mopars....
:)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what ever you get its going to be great. these cars are the best. i will be posting all my new Rigid Led installs
that i have completed and some different mods....love this car

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
when i first posted this....the mopar fog lights did not work in the pop...there was a hold all over the country because of the programming...which since has been resolved....with the Rigid LED fog lights you do not need to remove the bumper cover...or reprogram via the dealer..i used the same Fiat covers to give it the stock look.....with extra power...

i have heard on average that the install is about 400 form the dealer and to buy the lights another 200 plus for the oem lights

can anybody confirm dealer install amounts and post for all to see

my lights came to 170 shipped from ebay....and 120 for install

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Mopar fog light kit is $185.00. I was charged $280.00 for installing them. Which comes to $465.00 total. It "only" took my Studio about three hours to install them. I say "only" because of some of the other experiences I've seen here. I guess my Studio must have done at least a couple before mine, so excess time for figuring things out was cut out. Isn't it great to have them - I love them!

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Mopar fog light kit is $185.00. I was charged $280.00 for installing them. Which comes to $465.00 total. It "only" took my Studio about three hours to install them. I say "only" because of some of the other experiences I've seen here. I guess my Studio must have done at least a couple before mine, so excess time for figuring things out was cut out. Isn't it great to have them - I love them!
Never ever make my mistake.. go to a studio that has never done a fog light install. They originally told me 1 1/2 hours. Um they had the car 6 hours and I have to bring it back tomorrow as their internet went out (?) and could not programme. they also charged me 365 for labor.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Dear God folks... $500 bucks to run a wire, mount 2 lights, and pullout the A/C trim to attach the switch is a bit much.

Should take about an hour to do it. Most of that time being spent securing the wire with ties, and prying out the A/C Bezel. Mounting the lights and running it into the cab, doesn't take a degree.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Dear God folks... $500 bucks to run a wire, mount 2 lights, and pullout the A/C trim to attach the switch is a bit much.

Should take about an hour to do it. Most of that time being spent securing the wire with ties, and prying out the A/C Bezel. Mounting the lights and running it into the cab, doesn't take a degree.

Just you install your own kit? Just curious - my Studio was originally thinking it wouldn't be too bad but the bumper had to come off, the airbag out of the steering wheel and a bunch of unexpected stuff but luckily for me they held to the original cost they promised. I think now they know what it takes and it's not a big deal anymore..

I can't recall the exact amount but the kit itself is just under $200 fwiw

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I've seen an OE kit for $140. With the ivory switch.
Why does the airbag have to come off? Is your fog light switch on one of the wheel toggles?
This is the switch I'm thinking of, below the ESC Button the fog light is located.
Networking cables Technology Auto part Electronic device Electronics accessory

Bumper maybe remove, wiring into the cabin follow the stock harness thru the firewall. Run it into the area behind the A/C Bezel and swap the fog switch into the Bezel. Attach to the battery with a fuse in between and done.

I haven't done it on this car yet, I've looked over it a dozen times. To be sure I can easily do it. It's been nearly identical process with every car I've done.

This is going to be one of my next mods to the Pop because it's so cheap to do.
It makes for a good afternoon, BBQ event....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts