Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Quick question -- the owner's manual states that when you press the lock button on the key fob, the lights will flash and the horn will sound.

Does your horn sound? Mine doesn't, although the lights flash.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm... something for them to check on my first service visit in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You may find that there is a selection that makes yours lock without the horn sounding. There are so many things built into the 'menu' that I would not be surprised.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All,

Quick question -- the owner's manual states that when you press the lock button on the key fob, the lights will flash and the horn will sound.

Does your horn sound? Mine doesn't, although the lights flash.

Thanks,

Ryan
Mine horn does not sound either. Checking to see if it is in the Menu option

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bumping this. I still haven't figured this out and the owner's manual isn't the greatest resource. I dug through every single menu item for B&M and available in the EVIC and have read everything even closely related in the manual. I can not find anything that allows activation/deactivation of the horn with locking the doors.

I have also run across the option for programming the key fob to either unlock the driver's door only or the back and both doors on the first press. The manual states that cars equipped with the EVIC should refer to a specific section of the manual in order to find instructions to accomplish that task, yet that section of the manual makes no mention of the process. I haven't tried the "for vehicles without the EVIC" instructions to see if they work or not.

Owner's Manual said:
Remote Key Unlock, Driver Door/All First Press

This feature lets you program the system to unlock either the driver’s door or all doors, on the first press of the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter. To change the current setting, proceed as follows:

• For vehicles equipped with the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), refer to “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/Personal Settings (Customer-Programmable Features)” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
  • For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the following steps:
  1. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed RKE transmitter for at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds. Then, press and hold the UNLOCK button while still holding the LOCK button.
  2. Release both buttons at the same time.
So, I'm wondering if the owner's manual is just wrong in stating the horn will sound in general. My guess is that the cars that are equipped with the alarm system (IIRC comes with the premium sound package) will have the horn beep and the cars without the alarm system won't have it beep... anyone care to enlighten me further?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
another non horn here. im fine with it that way.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All,

Sorry about the lateness of my reply. On my service visit, I asked about it. If you have the optional security system, then the horn sounds. If not, it doesn't. This is contrary to what the owner's manual says.

I don't mind it not sounding (my wife's Civic will blast the windows out, it honks so loudly when the car is locked) except that, for whatever reason, I find it harder to remember whether I locked it or not without the horn sounding. Seems as if the horn sound registers more in my brain than just the lights flashing. Interesting.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
My horn sounds. Got a 2013 POP. Did they add an alarm system for 13s?
My Studio says ALL the 2013's 'honk' when you lock the doors, alarm or not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been selling Fiat's for about 11 months I came across only 2 Fiat's that had this problem they both didn't care the lights still flashed but all 2012 Fiat Pop-Sport-Lounge whether it has the safety & convenience package or not should Honk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some time this problem occur when your driver side lock sensor don't work properly than you have to face this problem that your lights are flashing after the door lock or the alarm go off after the door lock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts