Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the POP and the Sport version seats differ? I know that one is cloth and the other one is leather. I'm being offered OEM leather from Sport edition seats and I'm just wondering if they will fit on my POP. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Not real leather in the
sport and the center fabric stains from a simple water drop. keep you pop seats and order. Katzkin leather set and have them installed if
you want
leather. plus you can design your own color choices!!

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I would suggest you visit a dealer and try both. I personally did not care for the pop seats. Though many seem to have issues with the sport seats staining I have yet to have any issues after 7K. Seats can always be steam cleaned and protected with scotch guard - I would take comfort as a higher priority IMHO.

EDIT: After rereading your post I feel like an asshat. If you're trying to put sport seat covers on a pop seat forget it. It's just not going to work as the seats are shaped differently.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
i got the katzkin leather on my pop and it's a great improvement but i would say the sport or lounge seats suit me better for shape - but i wanted the convertible and the 5 speed so i had to settle for those seats :)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
abarth seats.... mmmmm

·
Registered
700 Posts
sport seats and pop seats are different
i liked the pop seats better for long distance driving which i will be doing...
the sports seats pushed up on my legs too much
you can always take your car to an auto upholstery shop and mod all you want
i had a 85 rx7 and changed the headrests and lumbar support to fit my body...berry nice....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Although the Sport seats stain somewhat easily I love mine and the leather fake or not is higher quality than many of the cars on the market these days, Katzkin makes nice products so as 49 mentioned it would be a good route as well.
I've seen zero problems with sports seats being stained. Mine went through winter, snow falling in, rain and a chocolate / soda accident without issue. You have the original sport seats? Not the newer ones post July I think?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
abarth seats.... mmmmm
Nice but the seats from the special editions are my fav, esp with the way they look from the side and rear! From pics I have seen there seems a pretty significant difference between the 500, Abarth, and special edition 500s. (Maybe the same in some of the Abarth models). @ NHF, mine haven't been stained by me as of yet but mine are the same as others I have seen that stained easily and I truly think the passenger side had a tiny spot from the beginning. (March 2011 build date if that helps)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone again, I've looked at the sport seats and they are shaped differently. Katzkin option is nice but very expensive considering I could get the sport leather for $100. Oh, well

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well guys, I have done it. Bought them on Ebay for $50, installed and looking good. The only seats that I had to modify were the front seats (only the part that you sit on) Added some cushion in the sots that needed it. Here are a couple of pics

Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Fiat 500 Auto part Car seat Seat belt Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Car seat cover Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Car seat cover Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover City car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts