Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I left my abode which is in downtown Calgary and drove out of town towards the northwest for Cochrane 30 miles / 50 kilometres away with the same miles back. A few things that surprised me were 1) how quiet the car was at highway speed (windows up)
2) the rpms at 57-60 mph only spun up to 2500 rpms
3) on the highway the car tracked straight and true
4) only 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour trip but I was comfortable
5) gas mileage which I found to be amazing. In a mix of city and highway on this trip and considering it's in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains (quite hilly) I showed 46.1 mpg American which is right on 55 mpg Canadian. In Canuck speak I attained 5.1 litres per 100 kilometres and keep in mind the engine has 110 miles/170 kilometres on the odometer at this point. I suspect if I travel to the east, north or south and the motor breaks free a tad I will see 60 mpg Canadian which is excellent needless to say.

The only negative at this point and I knew that going is the severe lack of power so to remedy this and stay alive I will have to be selective with certain traffic manoeuvres:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Try the Sport mode if you haven't already. My friend was already impressed and having no problems on the freeway. Riding it, I also noticed the calm engine sounds at that speed. When she tried Sport mode, she was very surprised and had a blast.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The only negative at this point and I knew that going is the severe lack of power so to remedy this and stay alive I will have to be selective with certain traffic manoeuvres:)
I didn't notice if you said manual or auto. Put on sport button, keep it in the lower gears until the revs get up there, and you may decide there is no real lack of power!

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't notice if you said manual or auto. Put on sport button, keep it in the lower gears until the revs get up there, and you may decide there is no real lack of power!

I have a five speed Fiat and coming from a 400hp daily driver and a 500hp+ toy I am not sure about the last point, mind you it's all relative and for me the car is strictly a fuel mileage winner. Now keep in mind folks this is just my personal opinion and nothing else but 0-60 in just a hair over 4.0 sec and the 1/4 in say 12.0 flat and less is fast. The stats I have viewed for my Fiat 500 are right around 10.0 0-60 and the 1/4?????? LOVING THE GAS MILEAGE THOUGH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts