Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else having issues with their power steering? mine went out completely for a couple of days.

The first time was while driving on the interstate with the CC on at 70 and it started beeping and saying power steering failure esc and hill start unavailable. restarted the car and all was fine forgot about it, now two weeks later I have driven to work two days in a row without power steering and restarting did not help, but the next day it seem fine again.

I was reading that if the battery was low it might be the issue but I turned off all the lights radio ac and everything with no difference. and it not cold weather as I am in Tucson az. The closest dealer is in Phoenix about 2.5hrs from me and I'm not sure when I will have a day off in the week to take it up there.

Any ideas? The car is a base 5spd pop with 2200 miles now

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I was reading that if the battery was low it might be the issue but I turned off all the lights radio ac and everything with no difference. and it not cold weather as I am in Tucson az. The closest dealer is in Phoenix about 2.5hrs from me and I'm not sure when I will have a day off in the week to take it up there.

Any ideas? The car is a base 5spd pop with 2200 miles now
regardless, it still sounds like a battery issue to me. not that your battery is simply 'low' but that it is failing.

I agree with 'JAFA500'....get it back to your FIAT Studio and have them check it out. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I've just had the same problem yesterday (down here in Brazil), and it seems the dealer has no hint about it. How did it turned out for you? Thanks!
Cláudio

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had this happen to me once.. started my car, battery light was on, no power steering..oddly enough on my way to the dealership anyways, but it was rush hour and half my trip was up a hill. Scary stuff! The alternator belt needed to be replaced or something of that sort... they said it was really odd, because the car was so new (at that point, less than 8 months old).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts