Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a $1500 discount being offered on Fiat Canada's website. Is this a temporary rebate to boost winter sales or a permanent price reduction?

I wonder if this is being offered in the USA. I could not find it on the US website.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Where do you see this? In the build a car section?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where do you see this reduction? I was in a Woodbridge ON dealer Friday and no mention of a reduction or that prices were reduced temporarily. Pushing 0% financing for 60 months only.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where do you see this reduction? I was in a Woodbridge ON dealer Friday and no mention of a reduction or that prices were reduced temporarily. Pushing 0% financing for 60 months only.
Check your dealer's inventory online. When looking at the price detail, you will see a cash discount of $1500. It was there this morning!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't know if this works in Canada but I went to Truecar.com. It's a very cool service where you can see what others are paying for the car and dealers that participate will honor that the "Truecar" price. I was looking at a Sport with a few options that listed for 18,700.00 or so. Truecar pricing came to 17,550.00. The dealer offered me the car for !7,395.00 plus tax. You have to buy from dealer stock so that might limit your choice of color and options. Still, I think it's a good deal. You might want to give that a try!! Good luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
All dealers in my area are offering $1000 off new FIATs...It really affected the amount I got for my FIAT when I traded it in for my BMW. In fact when I questiined why my FIAT trade in was so low he brought up the FIAT website to show me the $1000 rebates they were offering.

These types of discounts could have a negative long term affect on resale...

·
Registered
42 Posts
There's $1000 rebate here plus some of the dealers are discounting $500 for cars without Blue & Me since it's now standard. That may be your $1500.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any Canadian dealers want to pipe in on the subject? I agree that a permanent price reduction will affect the resale value.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just checked now, it shows $2000 discount in total when you go through the build and price option. The summary shows $500 bonus cash and $1500 consumer cash discount!! The starting price for all models are reduced by $2000, the pop starts at $13995 now!! Wonder how long this cash incentive will last?

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
There seems to be some breaking of ranks. Fiat of Alexandria, VA, USA, is advertising the Pop at 14,500. This is simply a deduction for deletion of Blue&Me, and "Forward Care" at $500 a "pop". So now you know the name and approximate market value of your 3-year free-oil-change deal. I don't know about what is going on in Canada. But in the USA, I have seen no actual discount, just lowering the price by removing things from the vehicle/deal. I think it is a sign of weakness, and yes, probably slower sales, that Fiat allows these promotions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In CANADA. They have removed 0% financing. Financing is back up to 4.99. BUT.. they are offering $2000 rebate.

So in short...

People who needed to finance and didn't act accordingly between July - November Lose out LARGE.

People who do NOT need to finance THEY WIN LARGE!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow, with a $2,000 write off of my car's value, I don't know if I'm pissed or if I want to buy a second one! It sucks that their more devoted fans pay the most, but that's the way of the world. Look at it this way Prima owners paid a huge upcharge on theiur cars since many dealers were adding on extra PDI fees. No different that fans of a specific author. Want a copy of his newest book in print? Well you gotta buy the hardcover which costs 3 times as much as the paperbacks that will come out, even though printing costs are virtually the same.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just did a "build and price" for my area (Cincinnati, OH) and no discount comes up. However, I did get a "$250 off" card in the mail today from Fiat ...

·
Registered
582 Posts
The price reduction doesn't bother me, had I waited to purchase in hopes for a price drop my RX-8 would have cost me double that in gas alone. I worked at Mazda and all their models had these types of incentives this time of year to clear as much stock as possible.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Makes me want to buy another one. Inventory is one reason for this price drop. Maybe they are dropping the prices in order to position the Abarth into the right price slot.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The price reduction doesn't bother me, had I waited to purchase in hopes for a price drop my RX-8 would have cost me double that in gas alone. I worked at Mazda and all their models had these types of incentives this time of year to clear as much stock as possible.
Hey I came from an RX-8 too! (although mine is still in my garage waiting for spring).

The 500 gets exactly double the fuel economy I was seeing with the 8, so that dulls the pain of overpaying for my car somewhat. At least I got employee pricing (thanks to my neighbour). I'm not worried about resale because my daughter will inherit the 500 eventually. But still, $2000 would have purchased most of the mods I am planning for the 500...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts