Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading numerous posts here I feel that there something being overlooked. You can buy a Fiat 500 for $16,000. That makes it one of the most affordable new cars available today. It is competitively priced -- in the same neighborhood of an entry level Kia, Hyundai or Honda. You can't get a Mini for anywhere near that price and you get a lot of bang for your buck with the Pop. I don't want the car marketed as a cheap version of the Mini, but the car buying public needs to know that not only is the price very good, but you get real value for your money.

My personal experience has been that when people see my car, and see all the features, they can't believe I paid less than $20K.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I borrowed a friends 500 for a week and people were shocked when I told them how much these cars sell for. I think it's because how the 500 looks, it just has a sporty yet classy look going on that you'd expect from an expensive brand which Fiat isn't, quite affordable actually.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

To tell the truth, my Pop is the most expensive car that I ever bought. Though I suspect that if I corrected for inflation, my 2000 Protege or my 05 Matrix might come close or even exceed the price just a little. And, while looking for a new car, my 2nd option was actually a very baseline 2011 Accent that I could have potentially gotten for close to $10K or so (but now its been replaced with a more expensive model).

However, I do believe that the 500's are priced really reasonably, especially considering how well they are appointed. Although, in the past I have usually gone for very baseline/minimally appointed cars, I have found that I do like how my base Pop is appointed and it really seems a good value. In the end I'm really happy with my purchase. :)

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Actual, the smart car is the cheapest car you can by. The convertible model is cheaper then the 500c. The 500 a way better car, for the extra money you pay.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI -- the entry level Hyundai Accent with automatic transmission is $17,330. That's $330. More than a Pop with A/T.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rev, the base Hyundai Accent with an auto starts at 15,955. And the lowest level hatch Accent starts at 16,550. So... no you are wrong. Plus, you get 138HP and 40MPGs with the auto.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rev, the base Hyundai Accent with an auto starts at 15,955. And the lowest level hatch Accent starts at 16,550. So... no you are wrong. Plus, you get 138HP and 40MPGs with the auto.
Sorry, I went on my local dealer's website and the cheapest Accent they have is $17,330. My bad.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I showed my Fiat 500 Lounge to my mother (who is currently in the market for a new car) then told her the price, the first thing she asked me was "Why so cheap?"

My Fiat cost barely more than her Pontiac Sunfire that should bought back in 2004, however has about the same power, leather, nav, sunroof, satellite radio, etc. Her Sunfire doesn't even have power windows. Cars have come along way in 7 years. That said, even compared to most other cars in it's class, the Fiat is an excellent value. My Fiat has features my Mini Cooper doesn't even have, despite costing about 2/3 what the Mini did. (The Mini also has features the Fiat doesn't have, though.)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts

actually, the 2012 accent gs (which is the lowest priced hatch model) starts at $15,355 (and that includes destination), which is what i bought mine for. its got power locks, windows, mirrors, ac, keyless entry, variable intermittent wipers...so its not a stripped model.

regardless of price i found it to be the best car vs fit, fiesta etc...
sadly, it is what replaced my fiat 500, as i could not live with the center stack forcing my right leg into such an uncomfortable position. if the 500 had a telescoping wheel, i may have been able to get back far enough for my right leg to have some room. it is something i thought i would get used to...i made a mistake.

i cant say im unhappy. the accent is fun because of the extra power, has a nice interior, im getting easily over 40 mpg and LOVE the utility and looks of the car.

nevertheless, had the 500 had a telescoping wheel, i would not have given thought to making a switch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i cant say im unhappy. the accent is fun because of the extra power, has a nice interior, im getting easily over 40 mpg and LOVE the utility and looks of the car.
I drove the accent extensively when I was test driving cars and got the impression that the accent wasn't bad...it wasn't great.... It was just.... a car.
It didn't fall on its face in the turns, but it didn't put a smile on my face.
It pulled out decently from a stop, but it didn't put a smile on my face.
The manual transmission seemed useless because there was absolutely no feeling in shifter or clutch, might as well get an automatic.

I had quite a good reaction to the Fiat and that's why I went with the 500!

·
Registered
341 Posts
sadly, it is what replaced my fiat 500, as i could not live with the center stack forcing my right leg into such an uncomfortable position. if the 500 had a telescoping wheel, i may have been able to get back far enough for my right leg to have some room. it is something i thought i would get used to...i made a mistake.
How tall are you, and how long is your inseam?

BC.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I drove the accent extensively when I was test driving cars and got the impression that the accent wasn't bad...it wasn't great.... It was just.... a car.
It didn't fall on its face in the turns, but it didn't put a smile on my face.
It pulled out decently from a stop, but it didn't put a smile on my face.
The manual transmission seemed useless because there was absolutely no feeling in shifter or clutch, might as well get an automatic.

I had quite a good reaction to the Fiat and that's why I went with the 500!
Fiat is just flat run to drive...& the Abarth is going to be a BLAST! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
actually, the 2012 accent gs (which is the lowest priced hatch model) starts at $15,355 (and that includes destination), which is what i bought mine for.
We were referring to the cost with an automatic transmission, which was the comparison in the original post.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts