Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the best car since I bought my first Passat in 1999. I have driven Passats as a daily driver for work since Feb 99. All 5 speeds except my 2007 I just sold. I drive 30K to 50K per year. I want quiet on the road and a great radio. The 500 is all that and more because it is also a blast to be driving a go-kart all day. Parking is NOT an issue. The ride is not as smooth as the Passat but I don't feel beat up by the end of the day either.

I have found that if you run in Sport mode the twitchy feeling at speed on the freeway is gone. A bit of increased effort in the steering helps at both low (city) and high (freeway, wind) speeds. NO reduced mileage but the throttle responce in town is better.

Overall I'm a tough judge of cars and this thing is just about perfect. I give it 98/100 points

·
Registered
99 Posts
That is a great tip to run in sport mode. While I like the tighter steering I find the more responsive throttle even a better feature. Running an engine with such low torque I found myself slipping the clutch like an F1 driver. In Sport mode that is not so needed as the engine gets up to RPM faster.

Gotta go put some miles on this thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts