Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was re-reading the email from yesterday on the Prima Edizione and the following sentence jumped out at me… “A true collector’s dream.” That got me thinking… are you guys getting the car for your collection (as an investment) or will you be driving it as a daily driver? I guess I’m having a hard time figuring out how truly valuable the Prima will be… should I expect it to appreciate in value in the short term? Long term? I have room in the garage (barely) to put the Prima in the back under a dust cover and keep it as only a “weekend driver”, but I’m not sure saving it like that is really worth it.

What are you guys thinking?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Well.........

I for one am going to drive the car. I have several cars and they are all drivers not "Garage queens".

For me what is the point of owning a car if you can't drive it.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll be driving it most likely as a daily driver. We have muscle cars and "collector" cars. To me, they are no fun to worry about and fuss over. I wanna drive this car!

·
Registered
62 Posts
The 72 Coronet custom I'm driving to work everyday will have to go to make room for mine.
The 35 mile commute on crummy freeways is taking its toll on the front end and brakes.
At least it will be more nimble to get around all the crumbling expansion joints on the LA freeways.
It will also make the bumpy washboard road surfaces and uneven bridges more fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We're going to tear our apart the first day we get it. Well, maybe the second day after we drive it around.

Once it is torn apart we will use it for part development. Then we will customize it a bit (reversible) and start using it as our daily driver demo car.

I have several classics (66 mini wagon, 71 mini moke, 62 Jaguar MKII) and a custom smart car and I drive them all, so this will be no different.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm using mine as commuter car. 100 miles/ day. But, I will keep it mint. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Unfortunately I'm not one of the lucky ones that was able to pick up a Prima Edizione. But if I did I would drive it for sure. A car isn't meant to be just put on display. It was made to be enjoyed on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts