Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anyone else luck enough to get a reservation in when the site opened this evening? It's funny... I knew they were doing upgrades cause the site was up/down all day so I figured something was up... but I happen to check this evening around 7:30 PM CST and to my shock there were 452 cars available. I immediately placed my reservation and then watched the number go to 0 in about 54 minutes. Amazing! About 7:45 PM I got the email (I was on the waiting list). My transaction number is under 70! Pure dumb luck!

Anyone else get a reservation in?

·
Registered
137 Posts
WOW!!! You guys are lucky. I know one of our mods chris(fiat500usa) got #29. By the time I found out it was too late. Oh well, not exactly looking to buy a new car right away. I was going to wait a bit before I grab one of these babies. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with red as well. In reading the Terms & Conditions I find this interesting:

"You must negotiate and complete a retail purchase agreement by no later than December 31, 2010, with an authorized Fiat dealership in order to purchase and take delivery of Your Fiat 500 Prima Edizione. "
That seems tight as dealers will barely be getting up and running by the end of the year. I hope all is in place to do this. My other concern at this point is price. While I want this car, I'm not willing to pay thousands over MSRP. Hopefully Fiat will stand up for us on this topic and hold down prices. I remember when the MINI convertible first came out the Kansas City dealer had a $3000 dealer markup. It does sound like we are free to pick any dealer so worse case I might need to go out of state. Hope not!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I started a reservation and had #426, but thought better of it right now. I want one.....BAD, but my wife needs a car first and so I'll probably wait for them to show up at work (ok, I hope we're one of the chosen few) so she can pick one out. she loves blue....NOT one of the colors available on the Prima Edinizone.

but CONGRATS to all that were able to land one! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got this email... when I click on the link it takes me to the general website (www.ciaofiat500.com). Anyones else get this? I called the phone number and they were clueless (opened a help ticket).

Congratulations, your Cinquecento Prima Edizione has become available.To complete your reservation, please click on the following link within the next 24 hours. Confirm Your Prima Edizione. Please remember, your reservation can only be held for this 24-hour period. After that time, your Cinquecento will be offered to the next individual on the Prima Edizione wait list.We are excited to welcome you to our family.FIAT USA

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Prima Edizione

I also just completed my reservation for a Prima Edizione Fiat 500 #410 (Red w / Sunroof) :) Can't Wait!.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is messed up... I checked the link again and it takes me to a screen for a vehicle number that is not mine (but all my information is there). When I try to proceed it says the email address is used by another reservation.

Can someone who reserved last Thursday night confirm they also got this email and it is in-fact a second step in the reservation process? I'm thinking now that somehow my name was pulled from the waiting list by mistake.

W30MAN - Can you confirm if you were on the waiting list or did you reserve last Thursday night?

Anyone else... I'm getting nervous here regarding my reservation! Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Vlad92,

I got the same email. I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Did you hit pick a random # at some point to check to see what # would be given? I did that three times and I received three emails. I think as long as you have your confirmation and transaction # you're good to go.

I'll call tomorrow to see what's up. Here's the contact info for anyone who needs it.

Fiat 500 Prima Edizione Reservation Program Headquarters

1-888-242-6342 (888-CIAOFIAT)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the same email today and I reckon it was from the waiting list that I signed up. I received a #382.

Still I am now curious about the number of reservations. So back in July 2010, they released some of the spots to fans of FLU. It's clear that there aren't 500 FLU fans reserving the Prima Edizione. So what's of the 500 are offered to the non-FLU fans.

Then 'what's left' should be number less than 500. It does seem like the numbering system that counted down to 0 within 54mins on Friday, maybe skipping some reservations from the July batch.

And this email I received about spot being available...does it mean someone (be it from the July batch or Sept 17 batch) has already asked for refund ?

Anyone following me here? I think I speculate too much.:eek:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK... I think I got it figured out. Apparently they never cross referenced the people on the waiting list to the people that actually completed reservations last Thursday evening. So my reservation from last Thursday (#92) is in the system and is good. Since my name was also on the waiting list I got the email I referenced here offering me #276. This is a poor customer experience in my opinion.

On a related noted I sure hope Fiat cars are better then their customer support! It boggles my mind that their customer facing reps (at the 1-888 number) could not lookup my account to tell me if my reservation was in order. Everything had to be escalated through a service request to someone else. I also have a reservation in for a Nissan Leaf and I can safely say that experience so far has been flawless.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
On a lark I called 8 of the biggest Chrysler dealers where I live (1 hr east of NYC) and asked if they were going to become a FIAT dealer. The lack of knowledge from the management that I spoke to was shocking. Not a single manager knew when they were going to set up the FIAT area. Several said the cars would be in sometime in 2012. Most did not have any clue about the recent announcements from Chrysler nor did they have any idea how I pre-ordered one. I was told "the customers know more then we do" to which I replied "it's in the Chrysler press releases and on the internet". Is there any wonder why most of these dealers are suffering? I hope FIAT makes sure the dealers they choose are interested in the product. It may make for fewer dealers but it will make for a better buying experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got a call a couple days ago as we got an error message trying to reserve ours online. They sent me an email and hopefully it was processed correctly and we got #315. White with a sunroof. I am looking forward to this car so much!

·
Registered
70 Posts
OK... I think I got it figured out. Apparently they never cross referenced the people on the waiting list to the people that actually completed reservations last Thursday evening. So my reservation from last Thursday (#92) is in the system and is good. ..
I'm glad that's all taken care of. I called, too, no problems. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
We got a call a couple days ago as we got an error message trying to reserve ours online. They sent me an email and hopefully it was processed correctly and we got #315. White with a sunroof. I am looking forward to this car so much!
Welcome and congratulations! We definitely have something to look forward to the next few months...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts