Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I have been super busy. Havent driven car much, because my new business requires me to drive my truck.

So I drove the car once last week. Well apparently I left in in the garage with it on for over a week. Doh!

She's dead. Thought it was just the 12v at first. Nope.
0%
Goal posts come on and service charging system.

Tried to pull the fuse under rear seat. No luck.
Reading only 5.6 volts from the HV bat.

Any help would be appreciated, before I explore other options with my $9,000 paper weight

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did the same thing. I charged the 12V battery because I assumed that the clunkers don't run on HV. Once that was good, I plugged in the factory charger and it charged just fine and all seems well now. As far as permanently damaging your HV battery, no doubt the HV battery is disconnected from loads once it drops below a safe minimum value and minimal damage should be done at that voltage. After that the HV battery will lose about one percent of the remaining charge per month through self discharge. There are probably many months between the safe low cut off voltage and damaging low voltage. You're probably fine. Don't leave it like that for a year.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Update

She's alive!

I left the HV bat disconnected for a week. Got a proper new 12V battery with good connection vs the lawn mower battery I had previously tried. The HV contactor would now engage, but still getting errors and not recognizing charge plug. So I did key cycle 5x. Still errors. Did 5x again, then shut door. Let screen go to sleep. Then plugged in and it finally started charging. Was at 19% last I checked. Wheeew! Time to sell this thing now. I got new equipment coming in for my business and could use the cash towards it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update

She's alive!

I left the HV bat disconnected for a week. Got a proper new 12V battery with good connection vs the lawn mower battery I had previously tried. The HV contactor would now engage, but still getting errors and not recognizing charge plug. So I did key cycle 5x. Still errors. Did 5x again, then shut door. Let screen go to sleep. Then plugged in and it finally started charging. Was at 19% last I checked. Wheeew! Time to sell this thing now. I got new equipment coming in for my business and could use the cash towards it.
Let us know how the range seems.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Let us know how the range seems.
Drove it today. Range/consumption appears to be the same as it was. Huge difference driving it after driving my 10mpg Ram 2500 on 35" mud tires for the past month. lol
Putting it back up for sale tomorrow. Would love to keep it for my solar project, but need the capital for my new equipment.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts