Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I'm very happy with my new 2012 Sport, but in the last week two problems have come up:

1- activated Eco:drive, but can't seem to download any of the data to the application (annoying, but I am hearing that an app update is coming?)
2- there's a popping noise with the audio system when it's playing back from my iPhone 4. Anybody else experiencing this? I've tried rebooting the iPhone, reconnecting etc... Nothing seems to work...

And if I'm griping, the driver seat creaks a bit as well.

Really it's #2 that's bothering me. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Ian

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seat issue

I can't help you out with your sound quality with your Iphone....maybe its a scratch in the record? ;)

BUT having spent 15 years as a Noise and Vibration Engineer for a Automotive Seating company.....I can tell you that as a minimum take the car back to the dealer and complain about the squeak in the seat. There maybe some looseness between the upper and lower seat trtack assemblies causing a squeak. It may be a myriad of other items too....but i would start there. If you can hear it, its too loud.

While you are at the dealer, get out of the car and shake the car side to side from the top of the seat and see if the squeak is reproduced this way. Or just have the person listen while you are sitting in the seat. If you can hear it from more than 10" away- its unacceptable. That's what the OEM's specs are to the companies who build the seats- so its what the dealership should accept as well.

AND- demand a replacement seat and not a fix from the dealership..

OK, sorry to hear about your issues and good luck.

Brock

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I would be more concerned about problem #2, seeing that the Bose upgrade is a $1200 option. I would just borrow an mp3 player from someone else and try it. If you can repeat the problem that way, take it in. Make the dealer show you how to play something without the noise, or tell them you don't want the Bose option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Assuming you have leather interior....

I have the same squeek with the seat too. its a design flaw with the seat belt receiver/pluggy thing rubbing against the leather of the seat. If you hold it away from the seat while driving there is no noise.

Annoying but not sure how replacing the seat would fix it, something to live with or put a piece of something between the leather and seatbelt.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts