Fiat 500 Forum banner

Problems getting abarth inspected

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  FiatCares 
#1 ·
Hello there fellow fiat owners i own a 500 abarth 2015 i had just bought it a year ago right after it was inspected the inspection was just up at the end of September went to the inspection station hooked it up to the machine and cannot get any data to flow from the car but the machine showed power and being hooked up correct but no rpm data or anything else i called the local dealer who said they saw similar problems with other 500s but cannot get me an appt till November so im asking if anyone has any insight or similar situations with there cars thanx for reading and listening looking for any advice thank you

#2 ·
You might want to contact FiatCares to see if they can help expedite or see if there is another dealer that can get you in sooner. I found there is often a wait for a diagnosis appointment, but a month is excessive for most dealers.

Does the car show signs of being modified? Abarths are hacked more than the average car. My thought is the OBDII port could have been damaged. It's not uncommon to strip aftermarket components from a 500 before reselling.

#3 ·
The car is stock from factory someone had told me that maybee when i had a remote start that the installer may have placed the wires wrong as far as parts being taken could be who knows these days but as far as i can tell it was just driven and really driven if u know what i mean i will try fiat cares as well there is another dealer it is alot farther away but looks like a wont have a choice especially if the port is bad

#5 ·
Hi Mvalleyiron,

I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing and that your local dealer is not able to get you in sooner. If you plan to head to the next closest dealer, please let us know via PM. I would be more than happy to escalate a case to provide you with an additional layer of assistance while your vehicle is in service.

Mark
FiatCares

Reactions: map
#4 ·
Maybe the wiring was done wrong, but I'd bet odds that this is not the cause. I'd probably take a flashlight and examine the port carefully, looking for bent pins or damage. It is possible the original owner used that port a lot. I'd think the dealer will also check the ECU to see if it was mod'd or tapped at one time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.