Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4th generation iPod shuffle that I never use, figured it'd be perfect for my new Fiat with the USB port...
...but when I plug it in, when I finally get the car to even recognize it using the "system reset" menu function, the tracks titles just start being read aloud (not sure if by Blue&Me bot-voice or iPod shuffle bot-voice).

No music actually gets played, just me feeling creeped out in out in the driver's seat as this fem-bot voice goes on and on. Then I realize I better stop idling and get to work.

Does anyone have any advice/solutions/tips/solidarity? I know there are alot of media gripes documented so far, but I feel like I haven't even reached basic operations yet. Help!

The worst part is I know that I would be completely fine with just using the AUX port, but the USB port is just there, taunting me with it's potential...

Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have a 4th generation iPod shuffle that I never use, figured it'd be perfect for my new Fiat with the USB port...
...but when I plug it in, when I finally get the car to even recognize it using the "system reset" menu function, the tracks titles just start being read aloud (not sure if by Blue&Me bot-voice or iPod shuffle bot-voice).

No music actually gets played, just me feeling creeped out in out in the driver's seat as this fem-bot voice goes on and on. Then I realize I better stop idling and get to work.

Does anyone have any advice/solutions/tips/solidarity? I know there are alot of media gripes documented so far, but I feel like I haven't even reached basic operations yet. Help!

The worst part is I know that I would be completely fine with just using the AUX port, but the USB port is just there, taunting me with it's potential...

Any help much appreciated!
laurenalgo:

Sorry to hear of your trouble... not sure whats really going on there.. has your local studio checked it out for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
laurenalgo:

Sorry to hear of your trouble... not sure whats really going on there.. has your local studio checked it out for you?
I haven't gone to the studio for help yet. I have to go back for a rainchecked detailing, so I'll ask then. An email to them probably wouldn't hurt, either. I definitely was hoping, though, that someone else had experienced this as well and would be able to shed some light on the situation.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I haven't gone to the studio for help yet. I have to go back for a rainchecked detailing, so I'll ask then. An email to them probably wouldn't hurt, either. I definitely was hoping, though, that someone else had experienced this as well and would be able to shed some light on the situation.

Thanks for the suggestion!
laurenalgo:

Well, this forum and its members can certainly vouch for the problems they all seem to be experiencing with the USB, but as of right now, all I have been able to come up with from Engineering is to turn the auto play function off between ignition cycles to keep it from automatically switching to the USB. No one has been able to get back to me regarding anymore supposed issues with the playback or recognizing the USB. Ican only recommend to start with a studio appointment and go from there. If you continue to have issues or come up empty at the studio, send me a PM with your VIN and I will do what I can for u.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for their continued replies. For now I am rolling with my trusty AUX port.

Madness Mike: Yeah, you're right. But when I read posts here and there with people happily using their Shuffles, I had hope!

Michaelo: The tiny Shuffle is hardly clunky, but I get what you mean in terms of flash drive simplicity. I've already consulted a friend about making me a flash drive "mixtape", which I'd never be able to do with an iPod and it's single-computer restrictions. I'm excited to drag-and-drop. Plus, I think the idea of playing music straight out of a flash drive in a car is pretty sweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts