Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know not all of you have this problem but here in Alberta Canada we deal with 5 feet of snow and -40 temps. Does anyone have good tips for protecting the paint from rust etc etc? Ive heard using a good wax sealent is good but no experience with it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I live in Red Deer, and I usually just wax my car several times through the winter. It works well but doesn't do anything to protect you from the inevitable spring onslaught of loose gravel hitting the front of your car.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
The only way rust will form is if there's a chip somewhere. Remedy it by having touch up handy. I also have a 3M clear bra on my front end.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
What do those 3M treatments run?
mine was 8 bills, whole front, half hood and fenders, lower rocker panels, rear bumper strip under the hatch, small piece on dash panel near the ignition to prevent key scratches

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Just don't get it on your junk. It's Shortening.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I taped-up the areas I thought would get beat and sprayed them with clear plasti-dip. It will "peel" off when you are done with it and is cost effective. I guess I'll find out if it lasts the winter. It's been on about 3 week and seems to be holding up but no salt/snow yet.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I taped-up the areas I thought would get beat and sprayed them with clear plasti-dip. It will "peel" off when you are done with it and is cost effective. I guess I'll find out if it lasts the winter. It's been on about 3 week and seems to be holding up but no salt/snow yet.
They make clear plasti-dip? Interesting.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
mine was 8 bills, whole front, half hood and fenders, lower rocker panels, rear bumper strip under the hatch, small piece on dash panel near the ignition to prevent key scratches

I snagged some off ebay and covered the area at the door handles outside and the ignition as I too thought that area was overlooked for potential scratches.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts