Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the near future I'll be adding some stripes to my Fiat - give it more pizazz. While browsing the internet I came across these Fiat 500 racing stripes on ebay's UK site:

Fiat 500 Racing Stripes

They're dirt cheap (~$44 USD) when you compare them to dealer and U.S. supplier prices ($399+ for a freaking decal...). So what do you think? Will these work on my Fiat? Or is the European Fiat very different in body styling?

Obviously I was going to ask the seller this question, but I'm not certain they would know since they're just a graphics shop.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I think there are a couple people on this forum who have ordered decal kits from
eBay. Im pretty sure they fit. Much cheaper than buying them from the stealership!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got mine from these guys. Great to deal with. Material and backing were good quality according to my installer. I asked them to make a custom 500 logo inlay which they did perfectly. They shipped right away though UK post is pretty slow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try this site:

http://www.eu-decals.com/index.php

I've done business with 3D Decals and they make a great product. :)
Nice site, but unfortunately they don't carry the stripes I want - pretty much all Abarth model decals.

Anyone else have some other site recommendations, preferably stripes for under $100? Otherwise I'll take the plunge and buy those decals on ebay.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One other question.... is there much difference in quality of unofficial Fiat decals when you compare them to the official ones (put on by the dealer)?

Will these decals (official/unofficial) deteriorate over time? Are they easy to apply evenly? Or am I better off getting stripes done at a dealership with official Fiat decals, even if it's more money? If they mess up they'll obviously have to fix it. If I mess up, I'm screwed.

I definitely would rather be safe than sorry, even if it means me spending 999% :eek: over market value (exaggerating). But then again....$40 vs $400 is a big difference...That money could go to new rims....Hmm... :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got mine from these guys. Great to deal with. Material and backing were good quality according to my installer. I asked them to make a custom 500 logo inlay which they did perfectly. They shipped right away though UK post is pretty slow.
You know it never dawned on me to hire a professional [car decal] installer. Now that you've mentioned it I've emailed a local sign shop (who also does car decal installation) to see how much it'll cost.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I believe the price of the OE decals INCLUDES installation and I'm sure they have a warranty too. might ask your eBay seller about that.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
160 Posts
You know it never dawned on me to hire a professional [car decal] installer. Now that you've mentioned it I've emailed a local sign shop (who also does car decal installation) to see how much it'll cost.

Thanks!
I had my tint installer install the stripes. $90. You can see mine were the Abarth stripes so there are a lot of little pieces to line up. They did it dry and they did it right. Worth the $$.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you can't find the stripes on ebay UK, this site Vinyl Creations from the UK, also has some unique car graphics. Lots more on their website, but see a few examples below. For both the Abarth and the Fiat 500

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I think there are a couple people on this forum who have ordered decal kits from
eBay. Im pretty sure they fit. Much cheaper than buying them from the stealership!
as a DEALERship employee of over 30 years, I'm insulted. can we disagree without namecalling? :mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm sorry but it's true.

I got my rims and tires with installation for $1200 on my own. The dealer was asking for $1600 for the same. :p

Yeah, when the sales person told me that the decal (I'm sorry, the sticker) cost $399, my eyes widened and I think I laughed a little. Go to a local shop and custom make whatever you want. Not to mention you are stimulating your local economy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts