Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Well, it's been a warmer-than-usual day here, so I got off my lazy rump and finally put my spare tire kit on. It's been sitting in my garage for a month or so.

All in all, it was pretty simple. All the holes are pre-drilled, including the access hole for raising and lowering the winch. Essentially, it's simply a matter of installing 10 bolts and one nut, all 13mm. Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy!

Better yet, I didn't even have to jack the car or put it on ramps -- even though it was a little cramped, I was able to squeeze underneath to get to everything. I'm also happy to report, no skinned knuckles and no confusion so severe that I had to re-do anything.

Of course, nothing's perfect, and I had some issues initally trying to figure out what holes to use, things like that. There was bits of metal tape covering all the holes and the instructions said to remove the tape covering the necessary holes -- well, I had more pieces of metal tape than I needed, so trying to figure out which 10 were the correct ones took a little patience. The illustrations were a bit vague as well, but it all worked out. The whole thing took me 90 minutes.

I'm thinking about leaving the compressor/fix-a-flat unit in the car, just as a back-up. I have to say, I'm not the type who likes to get muddy, dirty, or wet and if I have a flat during a storm, I might just opt for the easy fix first, even if it does foul the tire.

Ryan

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did the same thing today on our POP. Picked up the kit while getting a few things tended to at the dealer. Got home and install was rather simple. I also shot the spots where the metallic tape was removed with some undercoating as those areas were somewhat bare. BTW, we've been delighted with our dealings with Team FIAT - Mall of Georgia in Buford. Oh, in answer to the question, the spare kit comes with the jack & wrench. With tax, the complete kit which included fasteners was under $300.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Sounds like a good buy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.