Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential for the Fiat 500 is suitable for variety of models. A direct replacement for the standard Fiat 500 open differential, the Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential transforms your car’s performance.

Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip differential, the Fiat 500 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential relies on gears rather than clutch plates for its operation. That means it is much smoother in operation.

(Description continued below ...)

To order: http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/qdh3k.htm

The Fiat 500 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential never locks harshly with a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle, like a conventional LSD. Rather, the Fiat 500 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential automatically biases the torque away from the spinning wheel across the axle, to a constantly varying degree, and never locks.

The Fiat 500 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential has many benefits over a standard open differential, including maximising traction and minimizing wheel spin, eliminating torque steer and snatching in front wheel drive cars compared to conventional LSD units, and a maintenance-free design which retains the standard oil lubrication.

The Fiat 500 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential is proven in circuit and drag racing, rallying and road use, and is produced from Corus steel billets, and is CAD designed and CNC machined, then inspected to ISO 9001 standards.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I cant even get my sports tires to spin. maybe an abarth owner might need this but it wont fit an abarth. Odd that they even make this.
I have had a Quaife diff before and they are a quality piece. good luck selling em.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I had to raise my tire size to 205/45/16s to stop some of the wheelspin. This diff sounds like something we cornering brats could use.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I cant even get my sports tires to spin. maybe an abarth owner might need this but it wont fit an abarth. Odd that they even make this.
I have had a Quaife diff before and they are a quality piece. good luck selling em.
I spin my sport wheels all the time. These are very useful in road race where you need good application of power to the outside wheel. Much faster exit speeds. Also VERY useful in the snow. The web page isn't loading right now so I don't know this vendor's price, but personally I think we should get together and petition Eaton to release one for our tans so we can get it for about $300-400 rather than paying to import one from Britain. Price for one of these from Quaife is about £600, then you have to import and exchange to $. I've used Quaife in the past on VW's and they are a very good product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
May I ask if anyone knows if the correct code number of the Quaife differential, for the abarth500 (eyro edition) with the C510 5 speed transmition, is QDH2k?

I also wanted to ask you, if someone have an Quaife differential in your abarth500?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I spin my sport wheels all the time. These are very useful in road race where you need good application of power to the outside wheel. Much faster exit speeds. Also VERY useful in the snow. The web page isn't loading right now so I don't know this vendor's price, but personally I think we should get together and petition Eaton to release one for our tans so we can get it for about $300-400 rather than paying to import one from Britain. Price for one of these from Quaife is about £600, then you have to import and exchange to $. I've used Quaife in the past on VW's and they are a very good product.
I like these too. This one is a little cheaper @$1200 than the other one I seen @$1600. And it's by Quaife! So it's a better quality.:D Doesn't Mopar have one too? I'll look later, but they are probably way pricey like everything else Mopar.
Mopar-MoPrice....
Compared to other limited slip rear diffs, around $500 sounds right with these. But like what most are doing...
If it's for a Fiat, charge double or triple what it's actually worth.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like these too. This one is a little cheaper @$1200 than the other one I seen @$1600. And it's by Quaife! So it's a better quality.:D Doesn't Mopar have one too? I'll look later, but they are probably way pricey like everything else Mopar.
Mopar-MoPrice....
Compared to other limited slip rear diffs, around $500 sounds right with these. But like what most are doing...
If it's for a Fiat, charge double or triple what it's actually worth.

Actually this isn't any more for a fiat than it is for other platforms, quaifes are not cheap for any platform, nor is any quality LSD option. You are not going to find an LSD for $500 from quaife for any car. Most platforms are $900-1500

1 - 8 of 8 Posts