Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: all apologies if i am posting this thread in the wrong spot... please advise if i'm in the wrong parking lot here.

i've read that the sport seats' cloth inserts are easily stained by water droplets, etc. dealer was offering cilajet for inside and out.... though at a high price. i had thought i'd just use scotchguard ... anybody have thoughts? for what the dealer is pricing the cilajet at ... it almost makes more sense to me to either scotchguard or do nothing ... because later on just replacing the seats with katzkin or whatever is almost more practical cost-wise. also, any thoughts as to whether the cilajet on the exterior is even a worthwhile idea. since the sport doesn't have body side molding ... i was thinking it might be good to add those on ... like they have on the lounge. of course, the bottom of the sport doors have the different look ... so, not sure how cool the body side molding will look. any thoughts on this is also appreciated. ciao bella!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I actually think the side molding would look good and even considered it myself, still undecided though at this time. As for the seats, they are known to stain easily but I have no clue how well the Cilajet option works, some have mentioned the intent to ScotchGuard their seats but I don't recall anyone mentioning anything after the fact. It seems to me you could save on the Cilajet and just wax and polish and even pay for detailing and over the course of six months to a year end up at about the same cost. (assumes the dealer is charging around $650-$850 for the "treatment")

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've heard that Scotchguard works well and there is a special product for car seats. I have a Sport too and I've not treated them yet. I probably should.

·
Registered
164 Posts
of course, the bottom of the sport doors have the different look ... so, not sure how cool the body side molding will look. any thoughts on this is also appreciated. ciao bella!
I had them added to my Sport, but it's not a 100% successful install quite yet. The shop guys got them in, called me to set up an install appointment, and put them on unpainted. I picked the car up at night and didn't realize the error until the next day - No biggie, we chalked it up to new-dealer growing pains and now the new set is in, painted, and waiting for me to get there for the install.

Also, the car is on its snow wheels.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had my seats protected and they still "stained" I could clean them buy it was almost daily. I got so frustrated I had a local guy change the cloth to a vinyl in a color to match my car. It was about $300 to have that done but was quoted up to $1000 at a couple places. I recommend getting rid of the cloth however you prefer to do that. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
I've had my Sport since August, the seats still look brand new. Don't know what would stain them. Your side moulding looks OK. Sitting so low, how does it protect from door dings. Just for looks?
I just like the clean look of the car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
:confused: all apologies if i am posting this thread in the wrong spot... please advise if i'm in the wrong parking lot here.

i've read that the sport seats' cloth inserts are easily stained by water droplets, etc. dealer was offering cilajet for inside and out.... though at a high price. i had thought i'd just use scotchguard ... anybody have thoughts? for what the dealer is pricing the cilajet at ... it almost makes more sense to me to either scotchguard or do nothing ... because later on just replacing the seats with katzkin or whatever is almost more practical cost-wise. also, any thoughts as to whether the cilajet on the exterior is even a worthwhile idea. since the sport doesn't have body side molding ... i was thinking it might be good to add those on ... like they have on the lounge. of course, the bottom of the sport doors have the different look ... so, not sure how cool the body side molding will look. any thoughts on this is also appreciated. ciao bella!
I put the lounge body side molding on my sport and really like it. The car is pearl white but the molding is painted red. The only thing I would change is the tone of the red paint in the stripe. I have the Italian flag emblem on the front fender. I should have matched the red in the stripe to the red in the flag.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Molding would look nice.

I used Scotchguard on my Sport seats. Before that I got water stains. Now, no problem.

·
Registered
123 Posts
On advice from a Prima Edizione driver, who saw stains from even water, I Scotchguarded mine virtually right away, to be safe. We do not eat or drink in the car. What is everyone staining their seats with?????

·
Registered
513 Posts
My "stains" were basically just water. Open the door when it was raining. Stained. After sweating in the heat sit down in the car. Stained. It was very frustrating. I have owned my car since June and have not eaten anything in it. It is forbidden.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
124 Posts
In winter (for those of us who live in snow country) you can bring in snow on a coat or glove. I hear that water is the biggest problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi ... thanks for posting the pictures .... a drag they didn't paint them for you first. has that been taken care of now? i'm thinking the body side moldings will help protect you when you inadvertently open them into something. not sure how protective they'll be keeping other cars' doors opening onto the fiats. the look on yours (imagining the correct paint) is nice ... so, will keep thinking if i want to add them on mine. thanks again.

·
Registered
164 Posts
hi ... thanks for posting the pictures .... a drag they didn't paint them for you first. has that been taken care of now? i'm thinking the body side moldings will help protect you when you inadvertently open them into something. not sure how protective they'll be keeping other cars' doors opening onto the fiats. the look on yours (imagining the correct paint) is nice ... so, will keep thinking if i want to add them on mine. thanks again.
Everything is fine - To their credit the studio was mortified and ready to do anything to appease me, had I been angry, but I wasn't. I don't have the new painted moldings installed yet because I haven't wanted to lose the car for the day, but now that my oil change indicator has popped, it looks like it's time. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts