Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and I hope you are all enjoying your 500 as much as I am. But here's the question: Is this your first Fiat or have you owned one, or more, before now? If so, what model?

I had two when I was young and foolish. Now that I'm old and foolish, my garage currently contains a 1970 Fiat-Lombardi Grand Prix, a 1986 Fiat-Bertone X1/9, with a yellow 500 as my daily driver. As one of my fellow club members states in his postings: "Life is too short to own one Fiat!"

Haz Neuman
Fiat-Lancia Unlimited
Mid-Atlantic Contact

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had a '76 124 Spider. Owned it less than a year. Great car when I could get it to start, but that didn't happen if it were wet and under 40 degrees -- a pretty common situation in New England.

·
Registered
168 Posts
First timer here too with a long running respect and admiration for Italian design. :) I own an Italian bike but wasn't sure if I would ever be able to own an Italian car that I truly wanted - thank you, Fiat!

My coworker had a flashy red Spider back in the day, her first car and first love. When I told her about the 500 I didn't even have to explain, she already knew how I felt. Really one of the few people since I bought the car that completely understands the smile. She still misses her Spider.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Owned a 1967 (I think) Fiat 124 Coupe in the early 70's and loved it - the perfect car if it had another 80 horsepower. Owned a 124 Spyder with over 200k on it for most of the 80s and it was also terrific! Both were reliable, so I guess I am lucky.
Thus our 500 Sport is our 3rd

·
Registered
453 Posts
My first small car (I don't count our '95 Neon) and my first Fiat. Honestly, I love it so much that while I worry about problems, I don't think I'll care if any happen. I'll just get them fixed and carry one. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Owned a 124 sedan and a yellow 128 coupe in the early 70's in upstate NY. Loved them both. The 124 was totaled by a rear end collision. The 128 had electrical problems, rust problems and hated the cold.

·
Registered
433 Posts
this is my first FIAT, but a friend growing up had a pretty sweet Alfa spider.

His brother worked at a Honda dealer and someone traded it in for a Prelude!

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
First timer, fun little car. We'll see if this car is dependable. Always been a Honda person. Their making boring cars now. Only car that about as much fun, is my little smart.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bought a Fiat 128 in August 1976. The problems that had given it a bad reputation had mostly been fixed by then. Mine served me well for six years. Four cars later, I at last have one -- a 500, of course -- that is even more fun to drive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We are not afraid to try new to US innovations. Bought the Prius when it first arrived on a new platform. It is evident so far that quality exceeds and price is right for Fiat 500.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My car buying has gone full circle in the 48 years. My first car was a 58 Fiat 500 blue with black interior. I was 16 at the time and I paid $50.00 for it from an estate in Bar Harbor, Maine. It was only used during the summer months at the estate and was in very good shape. However... given I was only a kid and I lived in Maine it didn't stay in that shape long.... I did get a few years out of it though. Lots of great memories from that experience.

One fond one was of myself driving with two of my friends in the car on a dirt road in the country side. It was spring of 65 and we were all in our sophomore year of high school and part of our biology requirement was a bug collection. So this day was a nice warm summer like day in May. Sunroof open three guys driving down the dirt road, butterfly nets out the top... well you get the picture..... now where did I put that net... they grow bugs bigger here in Florida:)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
My daughter had a 124 sport with a bunch of miles on it already, kept it for a couple years - was very dependable untill it started getting electrical problems. It was a nice car.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I had two X-1/9's, both 1981 FI 5 sp. Really were good cars, but with some oddities. If they had better metal protection they would still be on the road. Also had a Citroen 2CV for a while, but that was a project car that simply passed through my hands for a while. Very interesting, and simple, machine.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
First timer, with my Rosso Abarth Cabrio, but does it count that I have a "bucket list" of other FIATs that I want?

* Black Abarth hatchback with red trim;
* Verde Lounge with white and brown interior
* White Gucci Cabrio
* Yellow Pop.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
First one. I'd buy another for sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts